What's Happened to the Jukebox Thread?

On 17/07/2021 at 23:06, Gonzo79 said:

I've been writing a lot of guitar stuff in open G tuning recently (middle age crisis, probably - trying to be 21 again) and always struggle with vocal parts.  Mick is underrated.

How you getting your open G ideas down then Gonzo ?

59 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

How you getting your open G ideas down then Gonzo ?

I've got a Zoom R16, which is a pretty handy home recording device.  However, I don't have a bass or drums/drum machine and can't sing.  The PC, where I used to upload stuff, is also kaput.  

22 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I've got a Zoom R16, which is a pretty handy home recording device.  However, I don't have a bass or drums/drum machine and can't sing.  The PC, where I used to upload stuff, is also kaput.  

I use an R16 too, great piece of kit.

Don't know if you use Apple stuff at all ,but Garageband is free , and will give you bass and drums , and the R16 will integrate with it nicely as an interface/control surface.

It's a slimmed own version of Logic Pro X which is the DAW i use ,but you can still get really creative with it.

Won't help you sing unfortunately ? .

Since WFH kicked in, I don't really have PC capabilities and I'm a bit lazy/old fashioned.

The R16 is great though. I find the backwards effect is very useful for disguising mistakes.

Wish I could write one like this...