What's Happened to the Jukebox Thread?

History is a great song.  Sonnet and Lucky Man not so much.  The Verve's first two albums are terrific but Ashcroft's ego took hold of things and they went downhill from there.  

Nick McCabe is another great guitarist, which is why they were better doing rock music...

Edited by Gonzo79

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

History is a great song.  Sonnet and Lucky Man not so much.  The Verve's first two albums are terrific but Ashcroft's ego took hold of things and they went downhill from there.  

Nick McCabe is another great guitarist, which is why they were better doing rock music...

Oh he had an ego, no doubt, but that's why Noel Gallagher thought he was an inspiration. This is a fantastic solo song. Then again i prefer metal/rock so what do i know :) 

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Yes but surely two great albums already outsrips the Roses output of one great album? 

3 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Yes but surely two great albums already outsrips the Roses output of one great album? 

I think A Storm In Heaven is a bloody good album and A Northern Soul is an amazing album.  The Stone Roses is an incredible album and Second Coming is bloody good (Breaking Into Heaven, Tears and Love Spreads are three of my favourite songs).  

The first Stone Roses album changed my life (I'm not the only one), so I'm probably biased.  

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Oasis are shite btw.

No deffinatly maybe about it, most definitely! Your good self and @ChelseaBoy have neglected to mention the best 90s indie band, Pulp who were in my humble opinion the best of their time. Lucky to have seen them at the last T in the Park held at Strathclyde Country Park (along with Black Grape who also deserve a honourable mention). ? 

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

No deffinatly maybe about it, most definitely! Your good self and @ChelseaBoy have neglected to mention the best 90s indie band, Pulp who were in my humble opinion the best of their time. Lucky to have seen them at the last T in the Park held at Strathclyde Country Park (along with Black Grape who also deserve a honourable mention). ? 

Always class Pulp as an 80s band as they formed in 1978 although had their success in the early 90s