What's Happened to the Jukebox Thread?

On 12/09/2021 at 01:00, Franc Ergs said:

Superb live band too .

@26th of foot where are ya ?

Franc,

I have seen the Band live twice, both at Glasgow venues. Interestingly, when they were touring their first album(2016), I witnessed a stunning performance of 'Grass is Greener'. Paul Janeway has the voice. The second performance was January 2018 and Grass is Greener had been dropped from their set, despite constant demands from a packed audience.

On 11/09/2021 at 10:31, ChelseaBoy said:

Dipped in and out of Brandon's projects, I have Westworld by ToH and One Eyed Jacks by SoD but didnt get much further as my tastes got heavier, but good indie stuff.

I was similar. Liked their stuff in the early 80s, but lost much of my interest after starting uni.

One of the greats, Paul Kossoff, was born on this date in 1950.  Here he is at his very best...

A Les Paul, an Orange amp and a whole load of natural talent, with no effects pedals in sight - beautiful!

Edited by Gonzo79

On 13/09/2021 at 11:02, 26th of foot said:

Franc,

I have seen the Band live twice, both at Glasgow venues. Interestingly, when they were touring their first album(2016), I witnessed a stunning performance of 'Grass is Greener'. Paul Janeway has the voice. The second performance was January 2018 and Grass is Greener had been dropped from their set, despite constant demands from a packed audience.

Maybe they'd just been on the road too long ,and the madness descending from that just got to them.

That was the first thing i saw them do live, certainly got my attention .

47 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Yesterday was one of those days that music like this comes in handy (the whole album is good)...

That was good but take the bongo drummer out, shoot him and burn his bongos. In fact burn every bongo in the world. 

23 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

take the bongo drummer out

I'm not hearing any bongos.  

I watched this band at the Proms and the drummer and keyboard player stood out.  I think the dub-style staccato on the snare is maybe a bit too exotic for you, Scott7.  

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think the dub-style staccato on the snare is maybe a bit too exotic for you, Scott7.  

Ah, right. Thanks for that. 

What I said about bongos still stands though. In fact in this case shoot the snare guy too.

NB. In this and in my previous post I use language that might be wrongly interpreted as advocating extreme violence. That would be a complete misunderstanding of anticipatory hyperbolic metaphor. No person or bongo drum should be harmed because of anything I say.