Allan McGregor to sign?

7 minutes ago, colinstein said:

If we get McGregor , Fods will be moved on I reckon. We should get a good price because he's good enough for the Championship and more. Pity...Wes is a good keeper, we should hold on to him

Something I saw on Twitter last night - from 4LHAD I think - was that Wes has asked to be moved on as he doesn't want to remain at the club.  Not sure how much truth there is to it, but 4LHAD are usually pretty accurate.

If that's the case, holding onto him isn't an option even if we want to.

FOD OFF 

Scott Arfield agrees Rangers deal with Wes Foderingham set to quit Ibrox as Allan McGregor prepares for medical

The Burnley midfielder has agreed a three-year deal at Ibrox with Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday monitor Foderingham's situation

EXCLUSIVE
By Andy Devlin
25th April 2018, 10:30 pm

WES FODERINGHAM is poised to quit Rangers this summer — a year after extending his contract.

Allan McGregor’s return to Ibrox will be sealed in the next 24 hours, as revealed by SunSport today.

1!!Foderingham

KEITH CAMPBELL - THE SUN GLASGOW
Foderingham is set to quit Rangers

That has left fellow keeper Foderingham’s future in doubt.

The 27-year-old won’t be short of suitors, with Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday both monitoring his situation.

He has racked up more than 100 appearances for Gers since joining in 2015 and penned a new deal last summer tying him to the club until 2020.

But McGregor, who made almost 300 appearances in his first stint at Ibrox, is closing in on a return and will undergo a medical tomorrow before sealing a two-year deal.

Scott Arfield

KEITH CAMPBELL - THE SUN GLASGOW
Arfield has agreed a three-year deal with Rangers

And at 36, he has no intention of returning to sit on the bench.

Burnley midfielder Scott Arfield will join McGregor at Gers next season after he agreed a three-year deal.

Both signings, driven by director of football Mark Allen, should be announced before Sunday’s visit to Celtic Park.

Jak Alnwick has been understudy to Foderingham, but Gers will seek to cash in on the latter, who was close to returning south last year.

It means Foderingham could have played his last game for Gers.

He is understood to be out of the clash with Celts due to the long-standing shoulder problem which saw him miss last weekend’s win over Hearts.

And there are now fears he will sit out the remainder of the campaign, with Alnwick set to face Celts.

Meanwhile, Scotland boss Alex McLeish believes McGregor has “plenty of mileage” left in his career.

Allan McGregor

WILLIE VASS
McGregor is closing in on a return to Ibrox

The out-of-contract Hull keeper has played 43 games in the Championship this season and McLeish picked him for his first two matches back in charge of Scotland last month.

The former Ibrox boss, who gave McGregor his Gers debut, is sure the keeper can play for several more years.

I would assume that any new addition on the field will be made public after the OF game. Same with Gerrard, should that happen. After all, the Yahoos expect to have their title party on Sunday and it would be nice to torpedo any undue drooling on that next week.

We need to do something about the back line because I'm sick to death of going to games and seeing us concede the same goal over and over again. I'm a big fan of Wes and the blame doesn't lie with him alone, but honestly, its been 3 years of Groundhog day as far as our defence goes.

Like with the Gerrard thing, we need to do something different, so I don't think this is too bad a move in the scheme of things if its not going to cost us money. McGregor behind a solid, experienced, leader of a centre back would give me cause for optimism.

Quote from Barry Ferguson in the Herald.

“He’s probably the best goalkeeper I’ve played with, and I’ve played with some top ones like The Goalie Andy Goram, Stefan Klos, Joe Hart, Ben Foster, Brad Friedel, and for me he is up there with the best.”

Ferguson has lost it.

Edited by BEARGER

6 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

“He’s probably the best goalkeeper I’ve played with, and I’ve played with some top ones like The Goalie Andy Goram, Stefan Klos, Joe Hart, Ben Foster, Brad Friedel, and for me he is up there with the best.”

Ferguson has lost it.

Someone should tell Barry that if he can't say something sensible,  don't say anything at all .

2 minutes ago, compo said:

Someone should tell Barry that if he can't say something sensible,  don't say anything at all .

As a player he was Barry Ferguson but as a pundit/columnist he's more Filip Sebo.

However, in the wonderful world of Scottish fitbaw that doesn't matter because quality isn't important.

26 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Ferguson has lost it.

Just a mate bigging up his mate.

34 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Ferguson has lost it.

The fact that he's mentioning Joe Hart in a list of great goalies just adds to the idea that he's lost the plot.