Poll: Steven Gerrard as Rangers manager - Yea or Nay?

Is Gerrard a good appointment?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Is Gerrard a good appointment?

• Yes - he'll bring a profile and respect much needed at the club
    • No - we need experience and pragmatism, not another risk
    • Undecided - it's exciting but also gives me the fear

5 minutes ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Can we move it along to the Wim Jansen era soon then?

You mean you can't wait to get to the Jo Wenglos phase? All the better to reach for the Tony Mowbray skies? xD

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Not comparable imo!.

When Souness took over the English teams were banned from Europe and we had money! and the rest had taken over far better squads than ours and also have money to improve the squads.

But he will be able to attract young talent from down south similar to the likes of Roberts, Edouard etc.

The baw is oan ra slates, so says Humza Yousef, "spoiler alert, Gerrard will not be manager at Rangers".

In among lots of tweets about motorways, railways, and ferry links, Humza takes time to deflate the Rangers balloon. Given that Humza spends his time in Irish republican slop houses down Govan way, and talks nothing other than Rangers all day; it is an informed opinion. Tomorrow, Humza will search for his car insurance without his former wife's help.

7 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

The baw is oan ra slates, so says Humza Yousef, "spoiler alert, Gerrard will not be manager at Rangers".

In among lots of tweets about motorways, railways, and ferry links, Humza takes time to deflate the Rangers balloon. Given that Humza spends his time in Irish republican slop houses down Govan way, and talks nothing other than Rangers all day; it is an informed opinion. Tomorrow, Humza will search for his car insurance without his former wife's help.

That'll be offishull SNP Scottish Government, and The Government of Glasgow (whatever) policy, then.  

It was an interesting debate, while it lasted. 

Terrible decision. 

Green was a thief Ashley is a conman but for Christ sake this board is as bad. We must be in a terrible financial position.

running like an amateur club whilst charging like a professional club.

I give up I truly do. Atleast save myself some money this coming season.

Fvck it, i'm all in on Gerrard.... I think part of the problem is that where we find ourselves both as a Club and Scottish Football in general, means there's no obvious choice of manager for us at the moment. And you know what, he's more exciting than the prospect of someone like McInnes and I'd like to be excited again about something, anything going on.

I keep going back to the fact there's no obvious other choice so honestly, what have we got to lose? Unless Walter came out of retirement, or we suddenly got some Saudi money, I can't name anyone out there who could just walk in to the job tomorrow with a real level of confidence in their ability to sort things out.

Cons

• Lack of managerial experience. But there's no guarantees when it comes to managers due to the nature of the sport.
  • Its another risky appointment. But I'd argue its less risky than Pedro, if only because of some of the pros listed above and because I do think we're in a better state that we were at the start of the season.
  • There's some real problems amongst the players which need sorted. Quite a few need shipped out and we need to stamp out the on and off the field behaviours which have remained and plagued us under 3(?) managers now.

Pros

• He's an ex-world class player who should garner immediate respect and has a profile and contacts which can only be good.
  • I don't think he'd take any $hit.
  • We now have a DoF in place which should lead to some stability and a consistent approach, regardless of manager. I think we've improved the squad after January, so the next manager has a better core squad at his disposal.
  • Its exciting goddamit.
  • He's not Neil Warnock. Who may bring organisation to the team on the park quicker, but isn't exactly inspiring or a long term solution.
Edited by ascender