Can't disagree with most of that. I would still go with Cummings over Morelos, as I think Fredo has had more than enough chances to prove himself against Celtic this season. Bring him on as a sub at some point - giving him plenty of time to get up to speed - but start Jason, as I think he will be out to try and win himself a permanent contract next season and may well hold the key to winning this game for us.

We should play in Black, should leave the field if they go the sectarian route in the stands (after all, it is screened LIVE all over the planet), and if it goes the way of the last game, should accumulate the 5 red cards necessary to have the game abandoned. With Thomson in the middle, that should be do-able.

Back in the real world, Windass should'nt be anywhere near the starting line-up.

Alnwick

Martin - McCrorie - Alves

Docherty - Holt

Candeias - Dorrans - Murphy

Cummings - Morelos

We've made a hash of so many games against them trying to go with Docherty, Dorrans and Windass in the central spine that it beggars belief. Have Docherty and Holt kick the living shyte out of their midfield, while covering either flank, let Dorrans, Candeias and Murphy do the creative work and keep Cummings and Morelos harrassing their back-line.

I think sticking with Cummings might be a good idea - give Ceptic something different to think about.

The key thing this weekend is to constantly close down their players when they have the ball - don't give them ANY time to think or plan a pass....that is when they fall apart.  We did it well against Hearts and allowed us to nick the ball from their toes on several occasions.

That will also get them rattled & open up space for Cummings, Murphy & Candeias to exploit.

I do wonder how we'd do with a 3-5-2 like below. McCrorie could be moved into midfield of course, you could play John on the left to be more conservative and Murphy could go up front or in a central position in front of the midfied.

I think we would be more dangerous on the counter with two up front too helping each other out and playing one twos with each other, making runs in behind and giving their back 3 no time at all to pass around and settle the play for Celtic.                         

Alnwick

Tavernier - McCrorie - Alves

Candeias - Docherty - Dorrans - Holt - Murphy

Cummings - Morelos

Edited by DMAA

54 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

We should play in Black, should leave the field if they go the sectarian route in the stands (after all, it is screened LIVE all over the planet), and if it goes the way of the last game, should accumulate the 5 red cards necessary to have the game abandoned. With Thomson in the middle, that should be do-able.

Back in the real world, Windass should'nt be anywhere near the starting line-up.

Alnwick

Docherty - Holt

Cummings - Morelos

We've made a hash of so many games against them trying to go with Docherty, Dorrans and Windass in the central spine that it beggars belief. Have Docherty and Holt kick the living shyte out of their midfield, while covering either flank, let Dorrans, Candeias and Murphy do the creative work and keep Cummings and Morelos harrassing their back-line.

You can't play in a colour you have not registered at the beginning of the season unless there are extreme circumstances and you get permission from the SFA. That would be like you forget the strips and have to play in borrowed strips which I doubt would happen in the professional game.

21 minutes ago, pete said:

You can't play in a colour you have not registered at the beginning of the season unless there are extreme circumstances and you get permission from the SFA. That would be like you forget the strips and have to play in borrowed strips which I doubt would happen in the professional game.

Our 3rd strip is Black....

37728203_l.jpg

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Alnwick

Docherty - Holt

Cummings - Morelos

Back in the real world, that set-up is silly.  :ninja: