The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Re.  Thomas Isherwood

You have to wonder why other clubs passed on him. 

I think you need legs and energy in a team these days but central defence is probably the one position I'd prefer experience. 

The real issue for the club/football operation is we need to start improving more players but how many years have we been saying the same. Until we do, promising youngsters will still tend to make it somewhere else, once they've left Ibrox.

9 minutes ago, Craigy1881 said:

Martin Skrtel being touted as a first signing in the daily record. I think he's 33 so no ancient for a centre half.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aslong as this doesn't become a case of reuniting all the old players that SG played with/knows.

IMO we need a core of players in the 22-28years old bracket, two or three more experienced and a handful of 18-21s.

edit

Safe prediction: This thread is going to be crazy this year.

Edited by buster.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Aslong as this doesn't become a case of reuniting all the old players that SG played with/knows.

IMO we need a core of players in the 22-28years old bracket, two or three more experienced and a handful of 18-21s.

edit

Safe prediction: This thread is going to be crazy this year.

He'd be great for us but I'd prefer a younger player. In any case I don't believe it because his contract at Fenerbahce isn't expiring, he's a first team starter with cult hero status so won't be sold on the cheap.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

. In any case I don't believe it because his contract at Fenerbahce isn't expiring

A new report has said it would be as a player-coach. This makes it a little bit more believeable that he would make the move, though still unlikely in my opinion.