The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

In general, I can't understand why we're shopping in England where prices are highest

... probably because Gerrard knows the "young material" there best?

Only now checked Goldson's stats and no matter "how highly they value" that chap, he played in 11 games last season, 7 in 2018, 2 of which were cameo appearances in the EPL, 3 in the FA Cup (90 mins each), the others in EPL 2 and the EFL Cup.

You can't help but hope that this won't become a more expansive Rossiter Mk. II.

Not much else going on, apart from some whisper regarding Jordan Rhodes (now at Sheffield Wednesday), who has not exactly shone last season with 7 goals and 1 assist in 35 games.

All just speculation and I would assume SG will assess his current squad when starting his job next week.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Never seen the guy play but he fits the profile of the kind of signing we should go for and I'm quite excited about him. 

Although England is an expensive market it doesn’t follow that every player is overpriced.

Goldson appears to have been 3rd choice centre back at Brighton and was very unlucky to be behind Dunk and Duffy (record signing) who both played all but 1 league match! Centre back is a position which is rarely substituted too which explains how few appearances he made last season. 

Lifted from FF:

Russmartin86 an absolute honour to have the chance to play for @rangersfc
Giant of a club with loads of great people and I really hope it gets back to winning as soon as possible as that’s what the fans deserve. Learnt a lot in a short space of time that I’ll take with me in the future. All the best to everyone involved with the club, good luck and thanks again.

Posted on Instagram.

On 29/05/2018 at 12:00, DMAA said:

Never seen the guy play but he fits the profile of the kind of signing we should go for and I'm quite excited about him. 

Although England is an expensive market it doesn’t follow that every player is overpriced.

Goldson appears to have been 3rd choice centre back at Brighton and was very unlucky to be behind Dunk and Duffy (record signing) who both played all but 1 league match! Centre back is a position which is rarely substituted too which explains how few appearances he made last season. 

He’s decent: does everything a centre back needs to pretty well. Hughton rates him and has even tried three at the back to accommodate him alongside Dunk and Duffy who were both immense this season. I strongly doubt we’ll be the only bidder for Goldson though.