The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

As a short arse myself it's something that I felt Rangers in recent years lacked were a few man mountains to impose the physical aspect on other teams but obviously backed up with some talent.

Now If only we could uncover a young Daniel Cousin. 

1 hour ago, BalooBear said:

As a short arse myself it's something that I felt Rangers in recent years lacked were a few man mountains to impose the physical aspect on other teams but obviously backed up with some talent.

Now If only we could uncover a young Daniel Cousin. 

Yeah we need more Daniels Liams and Declans.:D

Took a look at a Liverpool forum and searched for mention of Rangers sorted by most recent. Seems their fans have a view that any good boy who currently has no chance of forcing himself into such a stellar side but who they want to keep for the future should be offered on loan to Stevie G at Rangers for a couple of seasons to get experience and game time. 

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Took a look at a Liverpool forum and searched for mention of Rangers sorted by most recent. Seems their fans have a view that any good boy who currently has no chance of forcing himself into such a stellar side but who they want to keep for the future should be offered on loan to Stevie G at Rangers for a couple of seasons to get experience and game time. 

i don't want Rangers turned into the Liverpool development team.

1 minute ago, pete said:

i don't want Rangers turned into the Liverpool development team.

If they're better than we could hope to afford I will take it. One they happened to mention was this one and he appears to have a sterling goal scoring record at international under 16's and 17's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhian_Brewster

West Brom defender Gareth McAuley is the most likely player to sign for Rangers next, according to Football Whispers.

The football news site claims that McAuley, 38, is firmly in the running to end up at Ibrox this summer with the Northern Ireland international seemingly in limbo at The Hawthorns judging by his latest comments on his contract situation as his current deal is due to expire this month.

“I don’t know where that sits. I haven’t been told, ‘We want you there or we don’t want you’. I’m not sure what the club is thinking about me,” he said, as quoted by the Birmingham Mail last month.

The defensive colossus, who stands at 6ft 3in tall according to transfermarkt, could be on way to Rangers once his contract expires at West Brom, with Football Whispers rating there being a 3.4 out of 5 chance that he will agree terms with the Glasgow giants.

Football Whispers rounds up transfer rumours from across the world and rates the likeliness of them coming true, with a score of 5 out of 5 meaning that the rumour is basically a certainty.

OPINION

McAuley is pretty much set to leave West Brom this summer. Even though he has remained fit and injury-free, he played just 12 times for the Baggies across all competitions and there’s little chance that Darren Moore will hand him a new deal. McAuley has been a brilliant servant for the Baggies having signed for them from Ipswich on a free transfer in 2011. Even though he was already in his 30s, he made well over 200 appearances for the Black Country club. Rangers could really do with someone like him in their side. McAuley is a leader and would add a lot of class to a defence which is currently looking all over the place. West Brom’s best strength before their relegation was how solid they were at the back. The former Ipswich and Lincoln centre-back played a major role in that and Gerrard would be daft to pass up the option to sign him on a free this summer. 

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/06/rumour-mill/west-brom-defender-mcauley-most-likely-next-rangers-signing/

8 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Websites full of clickbait (ie made up crap) to get money from advertisers.

Best ignored.

“Gerrard wants this £15m man to help him catch Celtic”

¬¬