The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

Some might argue that instead of being on the bench, it might be better for McCrorie to go out on loan to get more first team football,....but at a better level than the fourth tier.

Thinking back to McGregor, I think he went on loan to Dunfermline and St.Johnstone when he was 22-24 years old.

McCrorie was 20 in March.

I thought he was going out on loan to Ayr?

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I thought he was going out on loan to Ayr?

My memory isn't very good :facepalm:

Now that you mention it, I do recall something about that.

Aslong as McCall intends to use him as a number one, all well and good.

18 minutes ago, buster. said:

Some might argue that instead of being on the bench, it might be better for McCrorie to go out on loan to get more first team football,....but at a better level than the fourth tier.

Thinking back to McGregor, I think he went on loan to Dunfermline and St.Johnstone when he was 22-24 years old.

McCrorie was 20 in March.

Yeah, there were some suggestions last week McCrorie was going to Ayr which is fine.  I'd still be surprised if we retained Fod though as I doubt him or Alnwick would fancy a season as deputy but I think Fod was quoted as saying he's going nowhere.

Just now, Frankie said:

Yeah, there were some suggestions last week McCrorie was going to Ayr which is fine.  I'd still be surprised if we retained Fod though as I doubt him or Alnwick would fancy a season as deputy but I think Fod was quoted as saying he's going nowhere.

The noise suggested a game being played and I think it'd be better for all concerned if Fod moved on (aslong as we get a reasonable fee in return).

Methinks that Kelly is going to Livingston, McCrorie on another loan and if Alnwick is off, we'd be left with McGregor and Foderingham ... and the transfer window hasn't opened yet. That, and as per usual, there might  be a late flurry of activity on the last day of the window too. Should Foderingham go off to pastures new after being offered a starting slot elsewhere, we'd be left with McGregor and a re-called McCrorie. Ideal is something different. As of now, we still have three experienced keepers on our books.

Noting that Liverpool snapping up another striker, a loan for Solanke might be a step nearer (IF that was actually SG's plan). Dodoo looks for the off, Miller essentially gone ... Herrera probably too ... that will leave us with Morelos (who'se future is not exactly certain). While quite a few of our chaps can play up front, including Efaria, I would hope we see some hopefully permanent additions in the central-striker department before too long.

Solanke might be a star-on-the-brink, yet we know how demaning it is playing for Rangers, not least if you don't score regularly. That, and some hammer-thrower's defending in the Premiership may soon teach a young English chap a few new lessons he might not like.

Edited by der Berliner

GOING NOWHERE

Rangers keeper Jak Alnwick to stay at Ibrox as Shrewsbury are priced out of move

Reports claimed the goalie was set to return to English football with the League One outfit but SunSport understands he will be remaining in Glasgow

JAK ALNWICK is set to stay at Rangers after Shrewsbury were priced out of a move for the keeper.

Reports claimed the stopper was set to leave Gers in favour a return to English football with the League One club.

But SunSport understands that while Shrewsbury enquired about Alnwick’s availability, his wages and potential transfer fee ultimately proved too costly.

Alnwick joined Rangers on a three-and-a-half-year deal in January last year to provide competition to Wes Foderingham.

But the 24-year-old has found his opportunities to impress limited, making just 11 appearances in all competitions so far.

And with Allan McGregor returning to Ibrox this summer, Alnwick is likely to find himself further down the pecking order.

Meanwhile, Livingston-bound keeper Liam Kelly has hailed Foderingham as Rangers’ No1.

The goalie was celebrating his leaving night with his Light Blues team-mates when he posted a picture of himself and Foderingham together.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2757031/rangers-jak-alnwick-stay-shrewsbury-price-out/

4 hours ago, Frankie said:

I think we paid around £250K for Alnwick and it's difficult to expect more when he's not really featured.

When he has played he looked half-decent to me though but there's no point in having McGregor, Fod, Alnwick, Kelly and McCrorie all vying for effectively two positions.  We only really need two - three at a push.

A few years training in a far superior surrounding, with better players and playing a not insignificant amount of first team games should mean we get more than we paid for him.

In my opinion anyway.

Admin on FF just posted this:

I've heard from an impeccable source that Michael O’Halloran is away next week to Melbourne in the A League, good news for the Club, get rid of him, get a fee and he won’t be around to do us any damage,

Win Win.