The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

Sounds almost too good to be true.

Here's hoping !

Despite Spartak's supposed interest, can't say I know anything about him but if we can secure him and Goldson this week, that should hopefully go a long way to improving our centre of defence.

Next: at least one more striker.

14 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Despite Spartak's supposed interest, can't say I know anything about him but if we can secure him and Goldson this week, that should hopefully go a long way to improving our centre of defence.

Next: at least one more striker.

A 21 year old centre-half with enough about him to get a call-up from the full Croatian team (end of last season) must have something about him. Admittedly the (last) 7 minutes he got on the pitch, the Croatian central defence didn't appear to look very clever......(although they were stretched partly down to having a player sent off on 77 mins).

For the goal Crotia lost, Katic isn't the offender (he's wearing the number 2 shirt).

Good to see a younger player linked (regards squad age balance and resale potential). 

Edited by buster.

Never seen the guys play but I’m very much enjoying being linked to 21 year olds with potential. I think we’ve been lacking height too so it’s added bonus that they are huge. Less apprension every time we concede a corner would be welcomed.

Here’s hoping this is our new scouts earning their money and unearthing some jewels. 

I find it hilarious the way the likes of the Rhebel and the Scum get away with making up utter pish and then turning round and saying we missed out on players that only in their heads were we interested in in the first place.

Day 1 - Rangers interested in signing foreign Player X

Day 2 - Rangers told to improve bid/step up interest

Day 3 - Looks like Rangers are going to get their man

Day 4 - Rangers fail to sign their man, it was too expensive.

Repeat every week with a different name.

I only start getting interested in a story linking us with a player when they arrive for a medical, or when an official announcement comes from us or the selling club that talks are ongoing.

All the rest is how they try to sell their rags during the close season. 

9 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I find it hilarious the way the likes of the Rhebel and the Scum get away with making up utter pish and then turning round and saying we missed out on players that only in their heads were we interested in in the first place.

Day 1 - Rangers interested in signing foreign Player X

Day 2 - Rangers told to improve bid/step up interest

Day 3 - Looks like Rangers are going to get their man

Day 4 - Rangers fail to sign their man, it was too expensive.

Repeat every week with a different name.

I only start getting interested in a story linking us with a player when they arrive for a medical, or when an official announcement comes from us or the selling club that talks are ongoing.

All the rest is how they try to sell their rags during the close season. 

Pathetic is what they are! sad really! but they succeed in what they set out to do, bad publicity at every opportunity! 

Really hoping we can get this over the line as well, sounds like the lad has a lot of potential. Will be good to have a couple of big lads at the back as well, particularly for set pieces, its something we really need to work on, I will be happy if they are just solid though, that's the main thing.

There was a story in one of them (don't care enough to find out) about McGregor reacting to being given a green ball by a referee.

This humorous clip had been doing the rounds on Twitter the day before.

How is that journalism?