The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Goldson ... that article on him on our homepage could have left out the defeatist stuff. While true, it casts a bit of a downer on that signing even before that lad has pulled on the famous blue.

Promise little, deliver more..................realism is better than shouting we've solved all our problems and it helps expectation management.

48 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Nothing against Ibrox Noise but all they effectively are is a news aggregator who post short stories to get hits and ad clicks.

There's no inside knowledge there - if you want that then 4LHAD and TRO are your best bet.  If you want quality analysis then you don't go further than us or FF. :whistle:

What about the Rangers Standard?:whistle:

7 minutes ago, pete said:

What about the Rangers Standard?:whistle:

TRS isn't posting any new content and the site is basically just in place to serve a reminder of issues circa 2012 onwards.  :)

45 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It is worth noting though that even 4LHAD might not always be correct all the time either.

Halliday/Holt's agent on Twitter last night saying their claim about the manager meeting his clients yesterday isn't true.

I think it was based on the Sky Sports Reporter saying that those players were there at the training ground as Gerrard arrived, implying that they were meeting Gerrard without actually saying it. 

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think it was based on the Sky Sports Reporter saying that those players were there at the training ground as Gerrard arrived, implying that they were meeting Gerrard without actually saying it. 

Possibly but 4LHAD tweeted further info later in the day which appears not to be completely correct (if we believe the agent that is).

Best advice is to take all such stuff with a pinch of salt but Stevie certainly has one of the best connected accounts out there and I don't think there's any self interest or politics within his information.

8 minutes ago, Darthter said:

really can't see Skirtel being high on the wanted list now that Goldson & Katic have been brought in....especially since we already have Alves, Cardoso plus any potential youngsters.

Given the money spent on Goldson on Katic, there's next to no chance we can afford Skrtel too - especially given we still need to sign at least one more key player.

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I should add, I don't doubt that both Halliday and Holt will eventually leave as there's no room in the team for them in the longer term.

Agreed, I think it fair to say that they aren't good enough to be in the team that we are looking/hoping to build and it's a positive if they are perceived that way by SG.