The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Holt could be useful, but I doubt he would get utilised very often....better for all to move on.

I think Holt proved value for money and has done very well in some games but, over the piece, he's not good enough.  I wouldn't be too averse to keeping him but I can't see him staying to feature irregularly. 

I'll go against the tide here and say I WOULD do a deal that sees Skrtel plus money swap places with Morelos. There will be injuries and suspensions during the season and we must have better cover in defence. I think we might have seen the best of Morelos and while keeping him might work out great, I think it's more of a gamble than bringing Skrtel into our defence.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'll go against the tide here and say I WOULD do a deal that sees Skrtel plus money swap places with Morelos. There will be injuries and suspensions during the season and we must have better cover in defence. I think we might have seen the best of Morelos and while keeping him might work out great, I think it's more of a gamble than bringing Skrtel into our defence.

If there were Money Trees lining the perimeter of Hummel Park then go get Skrtel for Morelos, pay him 50K per week and then go spend another XXMillion on the empty forward line.

However, I'd have thought we'll need to spread the money available more throughout the team. 

As far as Morelos is concerned, I think he'll go onto have a distinguished and rewarding career, he has the tools, is still very young, has been successful in two foreign countries. However, whether that means we'll see the best of him next season is another thing. I tend to think it may be better to sell and invest the proceeds in a replacement that suits SG&staff and the way we'll play.

Edited by buster.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

If there were Money Trees lining the perimeter of Hummel Park then go get Skrtel for Morelos, pay him 50K per week and then go spend another XXMillion on the empty forward line.

However, I'd have thought we'll need to spread the money available more throughout the team. 

As far as Morelos is concerned, I think he'll go onto have a distinguished and rewarding career, he has the tools, is still very young, has been successful in two foreign countries. However, whether that means we'll see the best of him next season is another thing. I tend to think it may be better to sell and invest the proceeds in a replacement that suits SG&staff and the way we'll play.

Thankfully, we have Steven Gerrard to make those decisions.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Thankfully, we have Steven Gerrard to make those decisions.

Agree with that he might see that Morelos if given the chance to play out&out striker role will get the goals flowing again,as he is not,to me, a target man.

48 minutes ago, Bill said:

I completely agree with you Bill.

You are going against the tide.:D

Paying anyone 50k a week would be a public relations disaster in the dressing room, unless it was the calibre of a player who would be respected by the other players and a leading kingpin of the team. Even then some players would think it was unfair. If Morelos goes the money should be spent on a striker. Thinking we have seen the best of Morelos at 21 is a strange one given that players are at their best between 24-28 normally

16 minutes ago, pete said:

I completely agree with you Bill.

You are going against the tide.:D

Paying anyone 50k a week would be a public relations disaster in the dressing room, unless it was the calibre of a player who would be respected by the other players and a leading kingpin of the team. Even then some players would think it was unfair. If Morelos goes the money should be spent on a striker. Thinking we have seen the best of Morelos at 21 is a strange one given that players are at their best between 24-28 normally

Where does this £50k per week come from? Has Skrtel been offered £50 a week by Gerrard? As for Morelos, his age is irrelevant if he turns in the sort of performances we saw in the second half of last season when he couldn't hit a barn door. There's a presumption that Morelos will recapture his early form, I'm not so sure. There's another presumption that his performances will improve simply because he gets older and that seems hopeful at best. I might be in a minority of one but that's never bothered me and I was very disappointed we turned down good offers for him in January - I think we can do better.