The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

28 minutes ago, pete said:

I completely agree with you Bill.

You are going against the tide.:D

Paying anyone 50k a week would be a public relations disaster in the dressing room, unless it was the calibre of a player who would be respected by the other players and a leading kingpin of the team. Even then some players would think it was unfair. If Morelos goes the money should be spent on a striker. Thinking we have seen the best of Morelos at 21 is a strange one given that players are at their best between 24-28 normally

We are, apparently, paying Alves 40k a week.....

MORE MONEY
Alfredo Morelos’ Rangers future – Turkish media claim £6million bid from ‘unnamed Chinese club’ has priced Fenerbahce out of running

The report comes a day after reports in Turkey said a delegation from the Champions League side would travel to Glasgow for talks with Gers chiefs

FENERBAHCE have been priced out of a move for Alfredo Morelos by a Chinese side’s £6million bid, according to reports in Turkey.

Sports newspaper Fanatik claims Rangers have rejected the unnamed club’s offer and are holding out for more money.

The report comes a day after news outlet Yeni Akit said a delegation from the Champions League side would travel to Glasgow for talks with Gers chiefs.

Fenerbahce – who recently appointed ex-Spurs and Liverpool chief Damien Comolli as the club’s director of football – are being monitored by Uefa over Financial Fair Play.

The Fanatik article said: “Both president Ali Koc and the sporting director Comolli stated that they would not go too far with spending and that the high-price transfers in the media were not much appreciated.”

It added: “Conditions will not be compromised.”

Yeni Akit yesterday claimed Gers and Fenerbahce were in discussions about swapping the Colombian for Martin Skrtel.

Steven Gerrard spent eight years alongside Skrtel, 33, at Liverpool and is keen to be reunited with the Slovakian skipper.

Morelos’ future is uncertain following Gerrard’s arrival at the club.

We shall see ...

5 hours ago, Craigy1881 said:

Do you think we would provide such an unbalance in the squad I terms of wages for someone who is going to be here for what 2 years or something with no resale value. If he wants 20k a week then sure. 50+ then jog on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wasn't suggesting he be payed 50K but more importantly than that I don't want Morelos swapped for him. As for the article I thought they were simply saying he is currently payed 50K a week which he probably is. 

8 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I heard £28k....

Two different people from within the club told me 40k - that said, they aren't in any department that would be making those decisions :D

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Ryan Hardie has also signed a one year's extension.  :)

Interesting !

You can understand the club being reluctant to letting him go for nothing and instead seeing how he develops but at the sametime, you can't imagine that being in our first team and one year only nudges 'the can' down the road.

I'd try to send him on loan for 6 months to a top tier side and if he does well, offer an extension prior to December.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Interesting !

You can understand the club being reluctant to letting him go for nothing and instead seeing how he develops but at the sametime, you can't imagine that being in our first team and one year only nudges 'the can' down the road.

I'd try to send him on loan for 6 months to a top tier side and if he does well, offer an extension prior to December.

I think it's a good decision to provide cover until the end of August where we can then sign someone who fails to make EPL sides' 25 man squad.