The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Just now, Frankie said:

I think it's a good decision to provide cover until the end of August where we can then sign someone who fails to make EPL sides' 25 man squad.

Is Hardie ready for pre-season (got over his injury) ? 

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

4LHAD also saying Burt and Atakayi have signed one year extensions.

That would suggest a deliberate pattern wrt contract management that offers an opportunity (relatively short window) for those we deem who might have sufficient to deliver and provide an eventual return.

I'm not sure what one year will do for Burt. He wasn't able to nail down a starting place for Dumbarton last season.

22 minutes ago, Frankie said:

4LHAD also saying Burt and Atakayi have signed one year extensions.

Any time I have seen Atakayi he has not impressed me at all. Admittedly that is only with his brief games in the first team and the tournament in Germany but some say the first impression is the best.

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

4LHAD say that Hardie aside, we are looking to sign one striker permanently and take one on loan, with two more players (not strikers) on the radar as well.

NB: I still want Cummings! :ph34r:

Cummings is not good enough and will probably return to Hibs.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Interesting !

You can understand the club being reluctant to letting him go for nothing and instead seeing how he develops but at the sametime, you can't imagine that being in our first team and one year only nudges 'the can' down the road.

I'd try to send him on loan for 6 months to a top tier side and if he does well, offer an extension prior to December.