The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

19 minutes ago, craig said:

Not even sure why we are speaking about Dost at all.  No way will he be coming to Rangers, so pointless talking about him in this thread.

Yep... I really have become SBS :roflmao:

I know, I just can't believe the amount of good players have lost in one swoop because of their fans

21 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

I know, I just can't believe the amount of good players have lost in one swoop because of their fans

And their fans will blame the club, the board, the manager, and the players again when they slide even further having lost players of quality.

On 15.6.2018 at 10:12, pete said:

Cummings is not good enough and will probably return to Hibs.

All about opinions and IMHO he can do a job for us. The rest is for the future to see.

Meanwhile latest rumour we had was Armin Hodzic, a 23 year old Bosnia international striker who plays for Dynamo Zagreb. ID10 says (at this moment in time) no interest (known). Was at Liverpool at u23s level.

Rudi Garcia reckons Umar Sadiq would be perfect signing for Rangers

Author: Danny Stewart and Massimiliano Vitelli, 17 June 2018

THE man who gave Umar Sadiq his Serie A debut reckons the Roma striker and Rangers would be a marriage made in heaven.

Steven Gerrard wants to bring the 21-year-old Nigerian to Ibrox on loan to act as the spearhead of his new-look side, and has been given some encouragement from the player himself.

While making the point he was happy at Roma, Sadiq also admitted few players of his age will say no to the new Light Blues boss.

Rudi Garcia, who persuaded the Italian club to pay £2m for Sadiq three years ago, and is now manager of Marseille, sees it as being a potentially very exciting tie-up.

“I had my Roma sports director, Walter Sabatini, to thank for spotting Umar in a game against Spezia,” said Garcia.

“He was only 18, and wasn’t really strong enough then. But he was very tall (6ft 3in), and had a real nose for goal.

“So, although we still had work to do both from a technical and tactical point of view, I felt he was already up to Serie A standard, and gave him his debut against Bologna.

“He repaid my confidence with a couple of goals, and we moved to sign him (for £2m).

“Since then, he has gone out on loan to NAC Breda in Holland and developed as a player, getting stronger all the time.

“Now he is linked with Rangers, and I think it would be a great move for both parties.

“Umar would have much to offer them, but he would also benefit greatly because this is a club with a great tradition and a truly exceptional support.

“I took Marseille to Ibrox for a match last season, and I was very impressed by them.

“It was if they felt they were attending a Champions League tie, not a friendly game.

“Scottish football is certainly very physical, so Sadiq would need to learn how to deal with that aspect of the game.

“But I wouldn’t see that being a problem as he is a good learner, who always listens very carefully to what his coaches tell him.

“All in all, I think it would be a great opportunity for him.

“Rangers are one of the top clubs in the UK, and they are in the Europa League this season, which is a platform for all players.

“If Umar goes to Scotland and does well, he will have the potential to grow into an international player.

“I would love to see that. I’d also love to see Steven Gerrard do well.

“He was a fantastic player and I wish him every success as a manager.”

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/rudi-garcia-reckons-umar-sadiq-would-be-perfect-signing-for-rangers/