The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

8 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Some whispered talk about a loan of 24-year old Saido Berainho of relegated Stoke, who shot to fame with WBA a couple of seasons ago.

no thanks, he has a cheek to call himself a striker as well, scored about 4 goals in 4 years

OP updated with Hardie, MOH and Holt

Meanwhile ...

Swans also keeping busy

SIMON JONES: Swansea City are among the clubs keen on Rangers full-back James Tavernier.

The 26-year-old could be allowed to leave Ibrox for around £3million as the Scottish side look to utilise funds to rebuild.

Tavernier previously had spells with Leeds, Newcastle and Wigan prior to joining Rangers in 2015.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5855653/Transfer-news-LIVE-Latest-deals-Premier-League-Europe.html

STEVEN GERRARD says he “loves” Alfredo Morelos and insists the Colombian striker has a key role to play in his Rangers revolution.

The new Gers boss also revealed bringing in another striker is a top priority as he looks to replace “legend” Kenny Miller.

Former HJK Helsinki forward Morelos has been the subject of transfer speculation ever since Chinese interest surfaced last January.

Recently, it has been reported that Turkish giants Fenerbahce are keen, along with a club in France and renewed interest from China.

But speaking to Radio Clyde from Gers’ pre-season base in Spain, Gerrard insists he has no intention of selling Morelos.

He said: “We love the player. The fans love the player.

“He’s a goal scorer. We know what he can add to this team and squad.

“If you’re asking me if his head has been turned that’s a question you’d have to ask the player himself.

“But where we stand right now he’s a Rangers player and I’m delighted to have him.”

Asked if Morelos has a key role to play at Ibrox next season, Gerrard said: “Yes I do, yes”.

And he revealed he plans to strengthen his striking options as soon as he can.

Gerrard said: “That’s an area we are looking at.

“When a legend goes out the door, and someone as good as Kenny Miller, whose been a goal scorer throughout his career, it’s a very difficult void to fill. Big shoes to fill.

“So it’s important that we try to get that one right. It is an area we’re looking at.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2803491/rangers-steven-gerrard-alfredo-morelos-loves-kenny-miller/

18 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Definitely the best option for the player....couldn't see him being any more that a rare bit-part player next season.  I think that unless he has an absolutely outstanding season @ Fleetwood, he won't be back in a Rangers jersey.

Glad to see Gerrard saying we're going to be brining in another striker. And i'm now convinced he's going to be the best we have had in a very long time at dealing with the press.  Asked if he thinks Morelos has "had his head turned"

“If you’re asking me if his head has been turned that’s a question you’d have to ask the player himself.

Replies but basically just brushes them off to move on to the next question.