The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

26 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Whats the news on Dorrans, is he injured again.

Went for a scan while we were in Spain, said everything was going according to plan ... and henceforth was silence. I reckon he is back in training, but won't be considered anytime soon. Rossiter went over his ankle in training and is out for two to four weeks. That will probably be his story for the remainder of the season, so it is good to have cover at DM in Jack and McCrorie.

Regarding the loanees, we'll have to wait and see what sort of impact they will make. Everyone we have here right now - bar Ejaria - have played competitive football for some time, so should fit in (would be surprised if we bring them in for the first EL matches though) well enough. If they are good enough, they might become an option to buy next summer, as prices will drop to a managable level (not least with CL footie afoot ? ).

Still would want to see the odd forward arrive.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Coulibaly is an intriguing one. Another one we’d presumably be hoping to sign in 12 months who has high potential, but isn’t it a pretty big worry that he barely featured for a side who very narrowly escaped relegation in Ligue 1 last season?

He played in 19 league games, which is not bad. I think they were comfortable in the end, finishing 14th. It's arguably better than playing over 30 games for Bastia the season prior, when they finished bottom. It's certainly a step up.

I think he's a Ligue 1 player, albeit around the bottom. I'm not sure how that translates into our league, though.

34 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He played in 19 league games, which is not bad. I think they were comfortable in the end, finishing 14th. It's arguably better than playing over 30 games for Bastia the season prior, when they finished bottom. It's certainly a step up.

I think he's a Ligue 1 player, albeit around the bottom. I'm not sure how that translates into our league, though.

Ryan Giggs never won a World cup, meaning you can have a good player in a shit team.

54 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

According to Whoscored he played 9 full games’ worth of minutes across the whole season and they finished 4 points above the relegation zone. Not very encouraging at all. The two players who started ahead of him have had very non-descript careers. 

From youtube he appears fast, strong, aggressive and good at tackling but his technique and end product leaving a lot to be desired. Could be he’s intended only to strengthen the bench as it’s hard to see how he leapfrogs Arfield, McCrorie, Jack etc. 

Edited by DMAA

Coulibally is an interesting one, i'm looking forward to see what he brings, it looks like he plays all over the place which might be a detriment to his actual skill set. From the videos I have seen of him he has played RM, LM, CM, DCM, maybe if he is tied down in a central position or a position he feel he suits, it will benefit him. As Pete says, maybe the players around him aren't helping him and he maybe needs some guidance, interesting if nothing else and possibly good back up.

Whats the deal with Ejaria, I never seen the game the other night did he play.

Dorrans is a funny one, I have been desperate for us to sign him, but unfortunately it has been a bit of a disaster, he may be useful to have coming back, but the older he gets the longer it will take to recover from injuries, the Davis rumours only make sense to me if it doesn't look like dorrans is coming back or will make a meaningful contribution this year.

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

According to Whoscored he played 9 full games’ worth of minutes across the whole season and they finished 4 points above the relegation zone. Not very encouraging at all. The two players who started ahead of him have had very non-descript careers. 

From youtube he appears fast, strong, aggressive and good at tackling but his technique and end product leaving a lot to be desired. Could be he’s intended only to strengthen the bench as it’s hard to see how he leapfrogs Arfield, McCrorie, Jack etc. 

For me, this signing is a young player that they want to have a look at with a view to potentially signing in 12 months time if they see promise. He won't be a starter, but he may have potential to eventually become one, which if he does, we will sign him