The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

17 hours ago, buster. said:

I've been critical of the board for certain things for a while now (see only Gersnet article I have wrote, December 2017).

Lately, I've seen more things that suggest to me that we are not well run as a business.

So, you are right regards negativity.............. If it's what I see, then that's what I'll say.

Siege mentality won't solve problems, it'll more than likely delay meaningful attempts to solve them.

-------------------

As for the footbal operation and SG&Co, in particular I've been very clear that we need patience and reasonable expectations.

He needs 18 months and 3 transfer windows before we can really expect to see the 'flowering of buds'. On the way towards that, steady improvement should suffice.

I agree buster, I got whipped up in the excitement of getting Stevie G appointed (and so we should). I will still go in to this season expecting us to win it but my expectations have been dampened a bit by the move for lafferty, I was expecting us to push the boat out a bit more. I believe he has done the right thing though, the defence was a priority, it really needed to be shored up and I would expect us to have a similar window the next two times for forward and midfield positions, we do have enough just now to see us finish a strong second minimum, mind you there is still 4 weeks of the transfer window left and plenty of business to be done, it will be interesting to see what happens when the English window closes on the 9th.

11 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

I agree buster, I got whipped up in the excitement of getting Stevie G appointed (and so we should). I will still go in to this season expecting us to win it but my expectations have been dampened a bit by the move for lafferty, I was expecting us to push the boat out a bit more. I believe he has done the right thing though, the defence was a priority, it really needed to be shored up and I would expect us to have a similar window the next two times for forward and midfield positions, we do have enough just now to see us finish a strong second minimum, mind you there is still 4 weeks of the transfer window left and plenty of business to be done, it will be interesting to see what happens when the English window closes on the 9th.

It's about SG building a squad that he is comfortable and confident enough with to be able to do a job over a season. We aren't at that stage as yet and IMO it wouldn't be reasonable to expect us to be. He'll have to be a more shrewd and careful manager than Souness was for various reasons. So far, I like his general approach and when the first set-back comes, he needs to maintain that approch and not be dragged off course by pressure.

At the moment it's more to do with a solid starting XI and in the absence of large budgets and creative genuis, I'd agree his priorities re. defence make a lot of current sense.

Sutton: Lafferty is a ‘nutter’

It does appear, going by press reports now, that Kyle Lafferty is going to get his Rangers move and re-join his club for the second time.

There are some negotiations over price, but unlike other examples, it looks like Rangers will get their man and have some real quality up front.

However we were amused to see the Chris Sutton nonsense, and even more amused to see his piffle making headlines.

Sutton proclaimed Lafferty is a ‘nutter’ and explained that he’s a ticking timebomb. Now we do know Lafferty hasn’t always been the most wholesome of players, with a few little incidents in the past, so we have dispensation for that.

But what makes us laugh is Sutton didn’t raise this point last summer when Hearts signed him. In fact, he didn’t say a thing – strange how Lafferty is suddenly toxic and a ticking timebomb only when Rangers sign him, no one else…

What disappoints us is the evident trolling Sutton is guilty of here. We know he does this for attention, and because he’s paid for his opinion, and in fairness he’s attacked Celtic in the past as vigorously as he has Rangers.

But to completely sacrifice all integrity, consistency and bring in rampant hypocrisy does force the idea that giving Sutton a platform to spout his nonsense on is a joke that’s gone on far too long.

He can’t ‘rein it in’ – it’s what he does, yet the media laps it up and keeps giving him more headlines.

Guess we’re guilty of that too, by merely discussing him here, but he’s affecting our club and saying incredibly stupid things which don’t stack up.

Wind your neck in mate.

https://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2018/08/pundits-laughable-lafferty-jibe.html

From the Scottish Sun:

Ian Crocker : “Rangers will have a right good go of it, I don’t think they’ll be far off Aberdeen”

... and that's the chap who is stick on to commentate on many of our matches this season. Alongside Walker or the like.

30 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

Never understood why more people don’t see through Sutton. His journalism is on par with his managerial record: lazy and poor.

He's no journalist though. More like Trump learned how to do politics by reading Sutton's troll-ditry. Him being a "pundit" is about as funny, sarcastic, and sad as the Specsavers ad on the shirts of Scottish referees.

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

From the Scottish Sun:

... and that's the chap who is stick on to commentate on many of our matches this season. Alongside Walker or the like.

That's the chap, utter bellend, you would think sky would freshen it up a bit, the  two of them are boring, walker also struggles to hide his delight as soon as we go down as well, wee dwarf tramp.

Would be good if the SPFL could get a good deal with one provider and get away from sky.

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

From the Scottish Sun:

I don't get what makes them think the sheep are such a challenge. The yahoos yes but not the sheep. We beat them more often than not last season and could have finished above them right up to the last day yet this guy portrays it as if we have a job on our hands to keep up with the sheep?

We have considerably strengthened while they're pretty much what they were last year. Anyone being realistic should be deciding that the sheep will be the ones challenged to keep up with us not the other way around. Our problem last year was dropping points to also rans not to the sheep.