The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Relevant quotes from the press conference,

"Worrall is a fantastic player I've followed him for many years with England".

The link to Worrall is a very exciting, another big 6 4 CB who is good on the ball and good at defending apparently.

A centre back "could well be" all that is added to the squad before the transfer window closes. That would be good news for Middleton because it suggests he'd be Murphy's replacement. Raises a question of depth and variety in across the 3 AM positions though.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Lafferty added in the OP, as well as Burt being loaned to Alloa for a season.

That's 23 players sold, let go, or loaned from last season's side ... and 12 signed permanently or on loan.

From the outside, it seems Gerrard has been great for the wage bill.

Must be trying to find a club to loan Alnwick to now. 

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

From the outside, it seems Gerrard has been great for the wage bill.

Must be trying to find a club to loan Alnwick to now. 

I think the Gerrard appointment has been good for concentrating the minds of the movers and shakers, who in turn have given the OK for such a lot of generally costly movement, both in and out.

Busy times for the football operation and they appear to have been concentrating more, as well.

10 hours ago, RTB2004 said:

Thoughts? If this is in any way true then I think it's probably to fill the gap that Murphy has left.

If he is the player I think he was,........I recall him being quite tidy on the ball with good ability to retain possession in tight spaces but final ball was poor. Hardly conclusive, given that was only based on half a game.

A positive was that I was quite happy to see him get subbed.

The blonde two-footed chap who ran us ragged. Had been injured before the first game, had a 10 mins cameo there and then a week later being replaced ... much to our relief. Would sure be no simple "replacement" for Murphy. I reckon they will want serious money though, at least as much as Bronar

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/petar-bockaj/profil/spieler/292666

Edited by der Berliner

IBROX
Nathan Dyer to Rangers: Steven Gerrard could move for Swansea City winger as replacement for crocked Jamie Murphy

The 30-year-old winger - who won the Premier League with Leicester City - is also wanted by Championship rivals Reading

EXCLUSIVE

By Alan Nixon
26th August 2018, 8:57 am

NATHAN DYER could be offered a shock move to Rangers as he tries to leave Swansea City.

The winger – who won the English Premier League with Leicester City – was a target for Reading but the deal has stalled over a pay-off.
Dyer, 30, may be persuaded to head to Rangers– who are looking for pace out wide following the season-long injury to Jamie Murphy – on loan.

Reading are still trying to get the money to tempt Dyer to the Madejski.

Gers boss Steven Gerrard admitted he wants to replace crocked Murphy, but admitted that will only happen if they beat Ufa and pick up a £7million windfall from Europa League qualification.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3119205/nathan-dyer-rangers-steven-gerrard-swansea-city/#comments

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nathan-dyer/profil/spieler/37011

Probably just a 2+2=5 by Nixon ... would sure be a loan if everything. Dyer is a right-winger by trade.

I'm assuming Gerrard will have a couple of players earmarked if we qualify.  It's going to be tough to get a players in in a 24 hour window.

You'd think Europe until Xmas and Gerrard as manager will make coming to Rangers a very appealing prospect.