The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Report: Rangers want to sign Lassana Coulibaly next summer on permanent basis

The Scottish Sun have claimed that "early signs" suggest that Rangers will look to sign midfielder Lassana Coulibaly from French side Angers SCO on a permanent basis next summer.

The 22-year-old has starred in his opening five appearances for The Gers under Steven Gerrard, already known for his work rate and ability to link the defence to the midfield, and the midfield to the attack.

He has even opened his account, scoring a crucial third goal in the Europa League against Slovenian giants Maribor on Rangers' way to qualifying for the group stages of the competition.

The 10-time Mali international has since been sidelined with a hamstring problem but could return on Saturday as Rangers play host to Neil McCann's struggling Dundee - before facing Spanish giants Villarreal in their first group stage match.

The report claims that even in his short time at Ibrox, he has made a lasting impression on Steven Gerrard and the Rangers chiefs and that could indeed tempt the club into landing him permanently.

Gerrard is obviously a fan of Coulibaly, describing him after the 3-1 win over Maribor as "a machine" to STV.

It remains to be seen if Angers will want to part with the young midfielder, with three years remaining on his contract with the Ligue 1 side. It is also unclear if Rangers have a future fee included in the season-long loan.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/13/report-rangers-want-to-sign-lassana-coulibaly-next-summer-on-per/

A bit early from the Sun ... and we all will sure wait for a few months to see whether Coulibaly lives up to the early promise. He sure give us another dimension in MF and was sorely missed against the Scum ... it is astonishing how often we have missed important players during the last few OF games.

• 10 months later...
On 14/05/2018 at 14:17, DMAA said:

Regarding McBurnie, I've seen very little of him but from what I've heard and read £4m would be good value and we'd more than make our money back on him.

Just heard on the radio McBurnie has sold for 20 million! 

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:34, DMAA said:

£4m on McBurnie is well worth it. Big potential for resale value, and a proper target man with goals in him who is a Rangers fan. If we miss out on him now I think he'll be outwith our reach financially till he's in his 30s.

19 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Thread necromancy!

Shameless smugness on my part @der Berliner, I couldn't resist it