The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Let’s hope this guy Goldson is world class, because we could get a genuine top international for that money, just not in the English league which offers zero value for money. Yes, 3.5 million is a lot for an unproven defender with a heart defect, but let’s hope he is the first of several multi million pound signings. Otherwise the appointment of Gerrard might become an act of folly, as Jock Brown used to say..

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Fans forums are always a good place to find out about a players and he’s clearly rated very highly by their fans. For me this is the most exciting player we’ve been linked to. 

Reminds me a bit of Jordan Rossiter without the bonus of a relatively low fee.

Rated / Potential / not played much due to illness.

IMO the apparent lack of interest from other clubs down south at such a relatively low fee for them waves an amber flag.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Liam Kelly could quit Rangers and join Livingston on a two-year deal.

The goalkeeper spent a season on loan at the Tony Macaroni Arena when they won the League One title and was third choice keeper at Ibrox last season.

And now the Express say the 22-year-old will sign a two-year deal with Livingston as competition for veteran Neil Alexander.

Kelly had signed a two-year contract extension with Rangers last summer but with Allan McGregor, Wes Foderingham and Jak Alnwick all ahead of him at the club, it looks like he could move on.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-12653900

A bit sad at this, if true? I thought he was rated highly by everyone at Rangers and I was looking forward to see him push for a first team start

Kelly was at the time of signing him very highly rated. Got him straight from the Yahoos, if memory serves me correct. McCrorie has improved too, according to reports, and even if we sell either Foderingham or Alnwick, Kelly would still be thrid or forth choice. Livingston might be a good move for him to make a name for himself, same with Hardie.

20 minutes ago, buster. said:

Reminds me a bit of Jordan Rossiter without the bonus of a relatively low fee.

Rated / Potential / not played much due to illness.

IMO the apparent lack of interest from other clubs down south at such a relatively low fee for them waves an amber flag.

Goldson added: "I quite like my scar because it will always remind me of what I've been through.

"The idea of heart surgery sets alarm bells ringing because it's so rare but I was out for two months, which is the same as a hamstring or muscle tear.

"There are a lot worse injuries I could have had. Players who have knee ops can be out for a year, so I consider myself fortunate.

"The operation really wasn't that bad.

"The surgeon explained that the valve was like a balloon. It gets bigger and bigger and it can just pop at any time … and then it's over straight away.

"It wasn't until a week later that I got my head around it when the surgeon assured me I'd be able to play again.

"In fact the worst part of it was having my chest broken so they could get to my heart. I was sore.

"If you look at pictures of Brighton celebrating our promotion, you'll see me standing on the outside, like Ashley Cole in those old Roma team photos!"

He admitted: "I really don't want to think about what might have happened if my problem hadn't been picked up.

"It's not that difficult for every player to go for a 20-minute scan.

"We all know when our legs are aching but we don't know what's going on inside our bodies."

Now Goldson is eager to make up for lost time.

He said: "This operation has given me more drive and ambition.

"It has made me stronger and I have no doubt in my ability. I have to play and hopefully it will be with Brighton — but if not I need to go somewhere else."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4102061/connor-hodson-survived-heart-surgery-and-is-now-aiming-for-premier-league-survival-with-brighton/

21 minutes ago, colinstein said:

Record linking us to MaCauley N.I. international and free from West Brom. He's 38. Anybody seen him playing ?

I wouldn't concern yourself with their exclusive garbage, they also had exclusives on John McGinn a few weeks back and James Collins.  They died a death very quickly.

2 hours ago, 917 said:

Let’s hope this guy Goldson is world class, because we could get a genuine top international for that money, just not in the English league which offers zero value for money. Yes, 3.5 million is a lot for an unproven defender with a heart defect, but let’s hope he is the first of several multi million pound signings. Otherwise the appointment of Gerrard might become an act of folly, as Jock Brown used to say..

You're not honestly expecting that are you?  Why would we risk the future of the club by spending more than we have, and therefore repeating the mistakes of the past?  I never want us to go down that road again.  We nearly lost our club because we spent more than we could afford.  Never again hopefully!