The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Will never happen. Rooney doesn't strike me as the type to take a £130k wage cut to come and tussle with Scottish defenders.

I don't mind a few headlines linking us to him. It's good PR to be linked with worldwide names like Rooney as opposed to the next big thing from Accrington Stanley.

Rooney.jpg

As I have been trying to educate a Tim on Twitter... "loving Celtic" (or Rangers for that matter) means absolutely hee-haw these days.  I used Scott Brown as my case in point.  Rangers fan growing up, wanted to come to Rangers when he and KT were mooted as a double deal - Celtic offered more, he went there.  I also used Scott Allan as case in point.  Tim responds with "would Kiernan Tierney play for Rangers" - me thinks he doesn't grasp that Tierney is already at Celtic whilst Rooney, Brown and Allan were not at either OF club prior to signing for the other, they were fans though.

Rooney isn't ever coming to Rangers to help out Gerrard though - he doesn't need the money, would be nothing more than helping out a friend and given he is a Celtic fan, why help out their rivals ??

Player i'd like to see or think we will try and get signed.

• Jordan Jones
  • Glen Kamara
  • Martin Skrtel
  • Allan McGregor
  • Scott Arfield
  • Cedric Kipre
  • Harry Wilson (Loan) Liverpool
  • Dominic Solanke (Loan) Liverpool
  • Ben Woodburn (Loan) Liverpool
  • Lazar Markovic (Loan) Liverpool
  • Robert Huth
  • Jon Flanagan

Edited by DJRFCGVB
I forgot a couple of names.

1 hour ago, craig said:

As I have been trying to educate a Tim on Twitter... "loving Celtic" (or Rangers for that matter) means absolutely hee-haw these days.  I used Scott Brown as my case in point.  Rangers fan growing up, wanted to come to Rangers when he and KT were mooted as a double deal - Celtic offered more, he went there.  I also used Scott Allan as case in point.  Tim responds with "would Kiernan Tierney play for Rangers" - me thinks he doesn't grasp that Tierney is already at Celtic whilst Rooney, Brown and Allan were not at either OF club prior to signing for the other, they were fans though.

Rooney isn't ever coming to Rangers to help out Gerrard though - he doesn't need the money, would be nothing more than helping out a friend and given he is a Celtic fan, why help out their rivals ??

There is your failure straight away! impossible task! don't waste your time!

1 hour ago, DJRFCGVB said:

Player i'd like to see or think we will try and get signed.

• Jordan Jones
  • Glen Kamara
  • Martin Skrtel
  • Allan McGregor
  • Scott Arfield
  • Cedric Kipre
  • Harry Wilson (Loan) Liverpool
  • Dominic Solanke (Loan) Liverpool
  • Ben Woodburn (Loan) Liverpool
  • Lazar Markovic (Loan) Liverpool
  • Robert Huth
  • Jon Flanagan

Huth is far too slow and given Flanagan's recent past, I'd rather he didn't join us.

We're not going to see Wayne Rooney in a Rangers shirt but it's not impossible that other high profile "friends of Gerrard" may spend some time with us.  The likes of Rooney and others of his ilk don't need money. Rooney is worth an estimated £100 million or so.

Even I would lose interest in striving to make excess millions more if sitting on a ridiculous pile like that and would be more open to an interesting and different challenge that though it paid a pittance in comparison was still a very tidy wage for the vast majority of people.

Particularly if it may present the chance of some silverware/medals and Euro football in the end stages of a career while the English pension fund did not.

The DR seem to know something, only the facts are a bit off ...

Rangers 'open talks' over permanent Jason Cummings deal

Steven Gerrard could offer the striker a home at Ibrox as his Nottingham Forest deal gets set to expire.

Rangers have opened talks with Jason Cummings over a permanent move - according to reports.

The on-loan Nottingham Forest striker has scored six goals since his January arrival but has largely played second fiddle to Alfredo Morelos.

Cummings' deal at the English Championship club is set to expire this summer and, according to the Express, Rangers are keen to thrash out a cut-price deal.

The former Hibs striker cost Forest £1million in June 2017 but Ibrox director of football Mark Allen is reportedly keen to pay well short of that figure.

Rangers kicked off their summer business with the capture of Scott Arfield from Burnley on a four-year deal.

Former keeper Allan McGregor is also set to return north from Hull City as Steven Gerrard looks to overhaul his squad.

Chairman Dave King insists cash will be available for the Liverpool legend to invest ahead of what could be a summer of huge change in the Ibrox dressing room.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-open-talks-over-permanent-12510684

Cummings' deal at Forest is "set to expire in summer 2020". Talk at the time was that we have a 600k first pick buy option this summer.

Edited by der Berliner

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

The DR seem to know something, only the facts are a bit off ...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-open-talks-over-permanent-12510684

Cummings' deal at Forest is "set to expire in summer 2020". Talk at the time was that we have a 600k first pick buy option this summer.

based on what I've seen....I wouldn't pursue Cummings - not been overly impressed with his contribution over all.  I can see him continuing to be as bit-player & don't rate him as much of a threat as Morelos is to opposition defenses.

I think Alfredo Morelos is a very lucky young man. He seems to have the ability to turn in poor performances and routinely miss sitters in front of goal, while still attracting support and excuses from the stands. How is it Morelos is a threat to opposition defences while failing to score. If his name was Andy Halliday he would be getting hounded. Funny how that works.

Cummings is only 22. We keep saying we want young players with value, yet any player that doesn't perform now we're looking to get them off the books. 

He's not a bad player now, and he'll only get better; and will look better in a better set-up. 

I'd take Cummings on a permanent deal.