Steven Gerrard is the new Rangers manager

2 minutes ago, Eileebee said:

Joshie is still in with a shout 

My wife and her Liverpool supporting pal have both taken a lot more interest in Rangers as of today.  

Objectifying men in such a way is galling.  ?

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

My wife and her Liverpool supporting pal have both taken a lot more interest in Rangers as of today.  

Objectifying men in such a way is galling.  ?

My wife is a big Mn-U fan and she admitted Gerrard is a bit of a Beefcake, i said don't treat us men like a piece of meat, Been waiting to say that for years, get in.

'A brave move for Rangers and Gerrard'

Darren Fletcher and Jermaine Jenas bring you reaction to Steven Gerrard being named as the new Rangers manager. They speak to former Rangers striker Ally McCoist, you will also hear from Gerrard on why he took the job and Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers on what will be a fascinating Old Firm rivalry.

6 days left to listen 54 minute Podcast 

If Skrtel is a modicum of the player he was at Liverpool he would be a sensational signing. He would breeze through the league a la Boumsong, Frank De Boer, Cuellar, Berg etc style. Any decent EPL level player waltzes our league with their hands tied behind their back.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I think that guy had mental issues. Either learning difficulties or a mental health issue.

They shouldnt have let him embarras himself for so long.

Listening to Talksport on way home, very amusing.
1st caller I heard was a ceptic fan & tried to spout the usual stuff, and couldnt understand why SG would go anywhere near us.  The host then possed the question "are you saying SG doesn't know what he's doing?". Mr Unwashed then started going on about kings tax history....only to be closed down immediately & referred back to the question that had been asked.  The call then ended.
[emoji23]

Steven Gerrard has captured the imagination of many of us, and I'm sure we all can't wait for him to get started properly.  However, something has happened already where I live and I can't remember the last time I've witnessed it.  I'm hearing the young kids talk about him and getting excited.  My son shows very little emotion (just like many stroppy teenagers) and yet he too has been on to his pals talking about it (via PlayStation headset of course - no chance of using their phones to talk to each other).

Thats why this appointment is more important than any of those previously.  It's because we not only want this to work, but we need it to work out.  I've often said on here that I'm very conscious of losing the younger generation of potential bears, and I could see it happening.  I'm sure we all can.  Morelos was an exciting player for the young kids to emulate and to pretend to be like when playing in the park.  However Gerrard is a superstar to these kids and I'm sure many will now be pestering their parents to go and see him, despite him just standing in the touchline.  I can imagine that for the first time kids will want the name of the manager on their replica shirts rather than one of the players' names.

I think DK said what a lot of us were thinking and that is that we can't remember a bigger name coming to the Scottish game, not certainly in recent history.  Now the world is taking about Rangers and all eyes will be on us.  Gerrard will relish that attention I'm sure.  We, the fans, will welcome that increased exposure.  The board will enjoy the challenge of making the most of a world wide media frenzy.  I now just wonder if the players are up to this challenge.  It's time for those that can cope to step up to the plate.  They have just a few games left to show that they want to be part of this exciting journey.  I suspect that two or three of them maybe want to be, but just don't have that mental strength to handle it.  If there's one person that will sort that out, it's Gerrard and ably backed up by McAllister.

So, come on Rangers.  Show us who in the team actually wants to be part of the most exciting phase in our rebuild.  We are all watching closely.  The world is watching closely.  Get the win, afterall it's all about the win.

It's an exciting appointment and will give us worldwide exposure and great for Scottish football, and Hummel will be rubbing their hands, all good! however SG is still a rookie manager! let's hope he can hit the ground running as he will be up against the Scottish gutter press who will attack him at every opportunity, his first loss/draw he will find out how much Rangers are hated in Scotland!.