Gers Fans Renew In Their Thousands

RANGERS season ticket holders have responded in their thousands as preparations for a new chapter in the club’s history continue apace.

With the deadline for renewals approaching (Monday, May 14) over 30,000 fans have already pledged their support and this astonishing number is higher than at the corresponding period last year when the club went on to record a record number of season tickets sold.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/gers-fans-renew-in-their-thousands/

So are we saying that 13000 (around 30%) have not renewed (yet)? Is this not a little worrying?

Was the deadline this early last year as well?

It is truly staggering just how loyal we are given the unadulterated pish we have had to endure year after year this decade. Our board and players really have not earned this loyalty or faith. It goes to prove that Rangers fans are born, not manufactured, and that we use the "loyal" tag for more than one reason.

They are probably still processing many, TB, or at least I'd guess so.

I'll be taking out an annual RTV subscription from the virtual US  to show my support.  Not the same, I know, but I'll only make a handful of games in person and if it's a sell out every week then maybe no league games!

Edited by SteveC

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

So are we saying that 13000 (around 30%) have not renewed (yet)? Is this not a little worrying?

Was the deadline this early last year as well?

It is truly staggering just how loyal we are given the unadulterated pish we have had to endure year after year this decade. Our board and players really have not earned this loyalty or faith. It goes to prove that Rangers fans are born, not manufactured, and that we use the "loyal" tag for more than one reason.

It is.  The whole crowd sizes since Souness came is bonkers compared to the preceding decades.  I first started going in 67-68 (best team I have yet seen, imo - yes the one that lost to Berwick but which could also go toe-to-toe with the best in Europe at the time) and the crowds were nowhere near current sizes on a regular basis.  Not that this was poor, we were praised in football annuals for our loyal support for the following six years too.  25,000 being considered a show of loyalty in ordinary league games.  We pulled in huge crowds for special occasions of course.

Actually go back to the great 1963 season and look at the attendance figures then and you'll be shocked.  Far lower than when we were in the bottom divisions!

Edited by SteveC

For reasons previously stated here I'm one of the guys not renewing.

However, to every Rangers supporter renewing or buying - I hope you have a great season watching the worlds most successful club.      :rfc:

54 minutes ago, boabie said:

For reasons previously stated here I'm one of the guys not renewing.

However, to every Rangers supporter renewing or buying - I hope you have a great season watching the worlds most successful club.      :rfc:

Remember to stay tuned though boabie.... when my Mrs and son don't make games you will be the first to be offered them, for free obviously.

15 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Is anyone in here not renewing?

I've already renewed for the wife and kid.  I MIGHT also get the online subscription for myself here in Bermuda.