[FT] Hibernian 5 - 5 Rangers (Tavernier 25, Rossiter 27, Alves 40, Holt 55; Windass 68)

Agree that will be the team, I can't see how it would change!. I would not be looking to start Rossiter either as he has been out for so long and this match will be a fast paced battle, also for that reason I would not be wanting young Middleton to makes his debut in this match, he is in Germany anyway with the development squad.

It would be good to get the win but I can see us getting a draw or beaten.

Thankfully this is the last game of the season, another disappointing season at that, we can expect a lot of changes AGAIN! in the summer. Let's hope SG hits the ground running and we can finally make a decent fight of it next season.

26 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Greg Docherty is likely to be the direct replacement for the mobility of McCrorie with Sean Goss expected to provide the creative guile.  Jason Holt's energy and work-rate may not always result in the attacking qualities we need but it would be a surprise to see Jordan Rossiter start after such a long lay-off - especially as the pace of the game is expected to be extremely lively.  Ironically, none of the three expected first choice players being overly comfortable in a more forward role may help us gain an element of control in deeper areas in games we've needed it previously.  

It wouldn't be us if we didn't use players where they're not comfortable. 

52 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Unfortunately, two crucial players from that game are both suspended with Alfredo Morelos and Ross McCrorie missing out

I would have been quite confident that the team who ended against Aberdeen could do the business at Easter Road, but those two are irreplaceable.

53 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Whether or not this will mean a change in system - as well as personnel with Graham Dorrans also injured - remains to be seen but it's unlikely with the usual 4-2-3-1 preferred

I'm so sick of this formation. Our options are limited this time, but it was only after a change in formation that we really improved against Aberdeen. However after that game I have a lot more faith in Nicholl than in Murty to change things up.

55 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Glenn Middleton has being doing very well for the development squad on the left wing but it would be a huge surprise to see him make the team on Sunday

With all the suspensions and lack of options in the squad it's an ideal time to get him on the bench at least. Our attacking options from the bench are woeful. I'd love to see Middleton get a game. We don't have players like him in the squad and he'd offer a goal threat we may be lacking on Sunday.

Behind or ahead of curves are subjective or semi-objective judgements that don't actually mean much.

We are where we are and given the amount of change wrt personel both on and off the pitch that is about to be triggered, it's difficult to know where we'll be in a few months and the timescales involved regards performance.

For AJ, he needs to ensure that the club is run properly and there is no more institutional failure at any level.

You'd imagine Sundays game will be difficult but it's not that easy to read. A week ago, I'd have said we weren't getting anything from the fixture but now after Hibs scoring one penalty in 180 minutes (away from home), the Lennon tirade against his players, their chance of second place gone, Boyle unlikely to play, our resilience at Aberdeen, Bates back in defence and one penalty goal conceded in 180 minutes........ I'd say we have a chance of taking something.....BUT.....we need to start the game well and not let them swarm all over us and get an early goal.

It's up to Jimmy Nicholl to get the message accross before the game (not at HT) that we have to react professionally to any adversity or losing an early goal.

Frankie makes a very relevant point about the amout of players that will probably be featuring in their last match for Rangers, the same goes for Hibs and possibly both dug-outs. How that will effect the game, we'll have to wait and see.

Can't say I'm not glad the season isn't finishing.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

I would have been quite confident that the team who ended against Aberdeen could do the business at Easter Road, but those two are irreplaceable.

I'm so sick of this formation. Our options are limited this time, but it was only after a change in formation that we really improved against Aberdeen. However after that game I have a lot more faith in Nicholl than in Murty to change things up.

With all the suspensions and lack of options in the squad it's an ideal time to get him on the bench at least. Our attacking options from the bench are woeful. I'd love to see Middleton get a game. We don't have players like him in the squad and he'd offer a goal threat we may be lacking on Sunday.

Middleton is with the U20's in Germany so there is no chance he will be playing

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

From Frankie's twitter feed

Interesting.............

Do Hibs train in the afternoon ?

Don't think so.

The training ground is a stone's throw from my house so I may walk the dug round there tomorrow for a nose.

I believe the fashionable phrase is 'developing story' :whistle:

So he's fine but didn't think to tell anyone at the club he had flu, was expected at the press conference but left the club in limbo in front of the press

#SmellaRat

Edited by buster.