Great podcast guys. Part of my weekly listening now.

One key turning point for me was that first Hibs match. It set the music for lots of aspects of our season.

- Even taking into account Pedro having limited ability, this threw him up against it from the off. It wrecked momentum and confidence (which these players more than others seem to rely on) and the subsequent draw against Hearts was a hangover from this. 5 points gone straight away. OK, a better manager and better players would've overcome this quicker but this lot never did.

- It showed that refs would apply to 2 sets of standards. Alarm bells should've been ringing here. Whilst stopping short of calling it a conspiracy, if refereeing can be influenced by external (or internal via SFA) factors, then its effectively the same thing. The fans, investors, sponsors put in money, the club spend £30-40 million a season to compete - its big business and its all geared to competing. If we get another season of refereeing like that (sub-consciously or not) then we wont be winning anything, its that simple. The club has a duty to protect all influences towards winning football matches be it our manager, facilities, players etc and the refereeing team is a significant factor in that. The recent 1st half against Aberdeen is the perfect example of refereeing influencing a game; suspect penalty, gradual build up of 50/50s going one way and one set of players start of lose discipline. Ironically, Goss wasn't booked for his lash out, but that's the influence a ref can have on a game - even with no major calls 2 or 3 points can be spirited away .  

- It showed players seemed confident in pushing the limits against us. This was something we got through the lower leagues and were told to accept because it was the lower leagues (and it was Ian Black getting booted) but Hibs and Motherwell in particular were willing to jump into straight red card behaviour against us in plain sight. Their confidence was rewarded by our players spending months on the treatment table and them not even receiving cards, in many cases. I think we can rule out the CO picking up our complaints too and don't even start me on "it was a yellow so cant be reviewed" fob. Compare coverage of Naismith on brown, compare column inches, narratives and end result - a ban for Naismith and puff pieces for the lego muncher.

So, extremely saddened club hasn't recognised and highlighted all of the incidents this year. There's clearly a trend and its clearly a significant influence on our performances and points tally. I expect rivals to look after their interests, I don't expect Rangers (including ex-players/pundits) to roll over and let it happen.  

Well summed up Rick. Doubt SG and GM will be so quiet. Their heavyweight status may reap benefits in this area. They have the clout to expose the laughing stock of refereeing in this country to a UK and beyond audience. If the authorities continue with this level of bias they will do it at a cost. 

Very good podcast.

Looking ahead to next season I think we have every reason to be optimistic. Our own squad looks like it will be far stronger by the end of the summer. Aberdeen & Hibs' squads have already been decimated by half their starting line-up returning to their own clubs. European football is coming and I expect Gerrard to deliver group stages.

I hope so Walterbear. The concern is that the celtic-minded are shameless about these things and will take some shifting. Like you say, hopefully SG is the sledgehammer to take it on. 

Edited by Rick Roberts

It was longer this week due to the two matches and end of season review... :)

As for video, we don't want to scare people but we may consider it over the summer.

Its gone from a spark of an idea to being a real thing. I'd like to congratulate all the guys who've contributed to the pod and made it what it is. Frankie and Officer Crabtree... err I mean Pete have been instrumental in getting it off the ground with their energy and drive not to mention sacrificing their own time at the preparation stage on what was really just a pipe dream. The world of the internet is generally not a hospitable place for females so a special mention to @plgsarmy for sticking her head above the parapet and not only taking on the internet but also the extremely toxic Scottish football crowd too.

Oh and by the way@pete I have the evidence and I'm building a dossier of Pete'isms its just a mater of time before I release it to the public, shots have been fired. :drum: :flipa: :roflmao:

Regarding the Euro qualifiers if we had won the Scottish cup we wouldn't be starting till the second qualifying round. Might it be a blessing in disguise that we have to start at the first qualifying round?

There are likely to be a bunch of new players to be bedded in and since the opposition in the first round are likely to be of a much lower standard it might actually be in our favour that we have to play it.

And aside from the players bedding in process the club might actually make an extra million pounds at the gate for the first competitive match of the Steven Gerrard era.