4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Being too reliant on one or two players will have a negative impact when they go through a period of poor form. 

Or if one of them does an invisible man impression for weeks on end.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Why would I? Data is life. :D 

The Celtic and Aberdeen ones have more spread out contribution/distribution. 

I just feel we should be seeing more, in terms of goals, from others. Being too reliant on one or two players will have a negative impact when they go through a period of poor form. 

There are plenty of matches, last season, where I thought we looked unlikely to score.

It's rare for me to think it was down to poor form by Windass or Morelos.

Most of the time I think it is because the team doesn't really create good chances to score.

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Or if one of them does an invisible man impression for weeks on end.

Being top goalscorer is quite impressive for a man that only turns up every other month... :ninja:

You're right, though. If a player that contributes most to a team's goals doesn't turn up, then they suffer. 

9 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

There are plenty of matches, last season, where I thought we looked unlikely to score.

It's rare for me to think it was down to poor form by Windass or Morelos.

Most of the time I think it is because the team doesn't really create good chances to score.

That's irrelevant to the graph, I think?

It shows the top ten contributors to each SPFL club's total xG and the % of their team's total. 

Graph or no graph, I think it fairly plain that we were over-dependent on Morelos because we didn't have or weren't prepared to use players that could offer a similar type of game at the level the Columbian can.

You can argue that we could have changed the way we played to accomodate others #managerial question

Herrera was more or less written off and reduced options #poor_recruitment