Rangers abuse claim victim told to contact liquidators for compensation

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

There seems to be a flood of distractions in the media at the moment. Is there something going on elsewhere?

Apart from me still in hospital it's all a papist plot that's my verdict.

if and its a big if, this guy/boy was harmed at the club then i expect/demand the club get the individual the support he needs. Its not good enough to send him away. Its one thing to not payout but another to not do everything in our power to ensure the guy doesnt suffer long term harm we could help alleviate. He should look at the club in future and think first of the support he received and how much of a family we are, then the abuse. Thats all we can do other than ensure it never happens again and that every other club follows suit and those brushing this under the carpet are dealt with harshly. We have nothing to hide and to shame to bear unless we act like the rest.

1 hour ago, trublusince1982 said:

if and its a big if, this guy/boy was harmed at the club then i expect/demand the club get the individual the support he needs. Its not good enough to send him away. Its one thing to not payout but another to not do everything in our power to ensure the guy doesnt suffer long term harm we could help alleviate. He should look at the club in future and think first of the support he received and how much of a family we are, then the abuse. Thats all we can do other than ensure it never happens again and that every other club follows suit and those brushing this under the carpet are dealt with harshly. We have nothing to hide and to shame to bear unless we act like the rest.

What’s happening here is our old adversary Daly is trying to imply that there was historical child abuse at Rangers.

Whatever happened(whether it was satisfactorily dealt with at the time or not) it was nowhere near the scale of what was going on in the East End. 

Daly is clutching at straws if he’s hoping to prove other clubs were as implicated as his own team.   

13 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

What’s happening here is our old adversary Daly is trying to imply that there was historical child abuse at Rangers.

Whatever happened(whether it was satisfactorily dealt with at the time or not) it was nowhere near the scale of what was going on in the East End. 

Daly is clutching at straws if he’s hoping to prove other clubs were as implicated as his own team.   

agree wholeheartedly but my actions will never be led by that lot. We look after ourselves, if you start running every decision through the prism of what the tims will say or even consider what they will think then we are no better than them. 

If its a completely made up story the club would/should counter i imagine.

Whether any form of child abuse took place at a football club or anywhere else is for the police & the authorities to investigate & the law applied accordingly as a result of those investigations.

If it transpires from those investigations that any football club has tried to cover up any form of child abuse the football authorities will need to be seen to take action against that particular club in addition to any actions by the police & authorities. 

Daly is shit-stirring in my opinion. He is trying to imply child abuse was overlooked at Rangers. I don’t think it was. Elsewhere In the same city I’d suggest otherwise over decades.

Edited by RANGERRAB

On 20 May 2018 at 09:00, the gunslinger said:

If a sporting advantagecwas saught by any club by covering up child abuse they should be expunged from history.

Exactly. Child abuse took place in various institutions & establishments and unfortunately still does probably.

But the most important part here is whether it was knowingly covered up and for sporting advantage.

Celtc BC produced many players over many years who enjoyed success at the club. Had the now known child abuse within the club been dealt with at the time would the club still have got the same success ? I think not.

Depending on the outcomes of the forthcoming trials this is something the SFA needs to investigate.