Michael O’Halloran suffers vile sectarian abuse after Catholic church visit

On 5/17/2018 at 17:30, Waltersgotstyle said:

Religion is a personal choice, nothing to do with any football fan. Don’t judge a man by his religion - instead judge him by his actions.

Religion dictates a lot of fanatics nowadays unfortunately, you can't detach the man from his religious extremism in some cases.

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

you have deleted my post which was not offensive and was in fact hilarious 

Your post was reported by a member as offensive, and I certainly didn't see any humour in it.

Disagreements are inevitable on football forums.  We're all adults though, so it shouldn't be too difficult to keep it fairly civil.  

Some of us feel very strongly about the subject raising temperatures (I know I do).  

For the record, cs's post didn't offend me.  But it wasn't hilarious either (unless you're still laughing at Only Excuse that is).  

By default, such idiots simply should be reported to the police, getting a starting fine of 500 pounds and see whether they wise up. Hit them where it hurts.

And Twitter can simply block their IP from using the application. Some might circumvent this using other programmes, but you wonder how many of these trolls are clued up enough to do this. And that is the recipe for all such trolls and people who think they can use Twitter or Facebook as some sort of repercussion-free vehicle of spreading their bile - no matter whom they support or whom they are against.

I'm not a fan of banning everything, dB.  It's a slippery road, as we're already seeing.  

Social media gives dafties the opportunity to say silly things, which might have previously only be said privately, very publicly.  

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm not a fan of banning everything, dB.  It's a slippery road, as we're already seeing.  

Social media gives dafties the opportunity to say silly things, which might have previously only be said privately, very publicly.  

Oh, that would be up to Twitter et al ... and they got rules too. But whether these trolls are banned or not is only secondary. They need to be told that hurling abuse - of whatever level - at someone via these tools will equally run foul of justice as is doing it vis a vis.

• 3 weeks later...