A timeline for compliance and corruption

If you wanted a more accurate (mis)reprsentation of the effectiveness & role of the CO, you'd really need to start looking at cases that have been dealt with by him in order to provide direct factual evidence of potential bias etc.

The SFA could quite rightly say that the role of Compliance Officer was created as a direct result of events at the time.  They could also claim that the persons Chosen for the role were the most suitable/qualified.

Some points to look at:

- Has the CO been consistent with the application of the rules?

- Has the CO been consistent with his intervention post-matches?

- Has the CO investigated the financial conduct of ANY other clubs?

- Has the CO investigated any other cases of potential rule breaking (inc. bringing the game into disrepute)?

- Is the CO consistent with repeat offences?

I think we all know the answer to these questions, but if they are backed up with specific fact...it make it VERY difficult to ignore.

A wee extra........

Re. 2010 October 17: Celtic make complaint on Dougie McDonald over penalty decision in game against Dundee utd.

In the summer prior to this, Lawwell and Lennon went on a tour of Celtic supporters clubs to help try and boost 'morale' and subsequent support, given that not only had Celtic not won the League but their crowds had went down by about 20%, which was massive.

On this tour, during which IIRC an express request was made not to record it.......a transcript of sorts emerged from a kerrydale poster in which mention was made by those representing the club, that they would take any opportunity to go after the SFA.

ie. the hullabaloo around Dougiegate was to a large degree, premeditated.

This had been preceeded by Celtic FC sending a video to the SFA/Referee dept. of what they viewed as mistaken decisions that went against them. I think this was about the Feburary. It wasn't interested in balance, it was more to stir up the masses, create more siege mentality and keep their support (who were peeved with Mowbrary) onside and attending football matches.

6 minutes ago, Darthter said:

If you wanted a more accurate (mis)reprsentation of the effectiveness & role of the CO, you'd really need to start looking at cases that have been dealt with by him in order to provide direct factual evidence of potential bias etc.

Agreed. There are a few higher profile incidents which back that up, but not enough to nail them. They'd probably point to one or two celtic suspensions and claim balance. From that point of view its difficult to capture or prove the "feel" of the CO, in that there's literally hundreds of incidents that get over-looked and never commented on, even when they should. Part of the problem is that incidents which are noteworthy to us seldom make the headlines and match reports, as we're seeing with Allan, it never happened. Likewise, Browns kicks and stamps etc are presented in soft focus. I've had a quick look but never found any stats or reports on charges etc .

1 minute ago, Rick Roberts said:

Agreed. There are a few higher profile incidents which back that up, but not enough to nail them. They'd probably point to one or two celtic suspensions and claim balance. From that point of view its difficult to capture or prove the "feel" of the CO, in that there's literally hundreds of incidents that get over-looked and never commented on, even when they should. Part of the problem is that incidents which are noteworthy to us seldom make the headlines and match reports, as we're seeing with Allan, it never happened. Likewise, Browns kicks and stamps etc are presented in soft focus. I've had a quick look but never found any stats or reports on charges etc .

Yeah, it would be a difficult task....but if ALL the evidence was looked at - not just Rangers related, it would build a well rounded case that couldn't just be brushed off as "sour grapes"

I'd say the evidence doesn't need to be damming enough to "nail" the CO or to have the position scrapped....but detailed enough to raise concern & questions - put the role under the spotlight.

5 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

You tend to think if the boot was on the other foot that there would be individuals dedicated to logging such incidents, collecting footage and presenting it in a way that could be used to influence opinion.

13 minutes ago, buster. said:

This had been preceeded by Celtic FC sending a video to the SFA/Referee dept. of what they viewed as mistaken decisions that went against them. I think this was about the Feburary. It wasn't interested in balance, it was more to stir up the masses, create more siege mentality and keep their support (who were peeved with Mowbrary) onside and attending football matches.

Agreed. I think club have a duty to pick up these threads. The bheast quotes in that BBC story are pretty menacing with hindsight. 

Another angle is that these changes were meant to "improve" refereeing in this country. Giving this season (RFC and other games tbf) i think we have an even bigger problem with referees. 

15 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

If it would require another fans fighting fund and hire someone to investigate all this, one I would be happy to contribute to. 

That is the dream. A pro-active, full-time group, independent from the club, tying all the fans factions together and sorting out all the bullshit whilst setting the agenda.

1 hour ago, Rick Roberts said:

Agreed. I think club have a duty to pick up these threads. The bheast quotes in that BBC story are pretty menacing with hindsight. 

Another angle is that these changes were meant to "improve" refereeing in this country. Giving this season (RFC and other games tbf) i think we have an even bigger problem with referees. 

When the foreign refs were brought in to 'cross the picket line'. The one who got the Celtic game made a high profile mistake against Celtic. IIRC the club never said a word about that decision, why ? Their agenda was being actioned and they weren't that bothered..............Ironically, 'Dougiegate' was about a decision that was ultimatly correct.