5 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Allardyce is very good at what he does, but he'll not get passed a certain level. His sides are dull. 

I think there are very few managers who have his ability to dramatically improve the fortunes of struggling sides, therefore he just can’t be called mediocre. However I agree his abilities don’t seem suited to being a top 6 team. 

9 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

How does that relate to your stats?

Allardyce plays honking football, has never won a single trophy of significance and never will. Managing the mediocre EPL sides is his level, and referring back to my original point, he is probably the best in terms of the mediocre EPL manager merry go round. In the modern era we have seen defensive minded managers like Mourinho, Simeone, Conte etc being hugely successful and winning lots of trophies. Allardyce is no such manager.

The end.

14 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Allardyce plays honking football, has never won a single trophy of significance and never will. Managing the mediocre EPL sides is his level, and referring back to my original point, he is probably the best in terms of the mediocre EPL manager merry go round. In the modern era we have seen defensive minded managers like Mourinho, Simeone, Conte etc being hugely successful and winning lots of trophies. Allardyce is no such manager.

The end.

Given the budget say Mourinho has at ManUtd,....surely his brand of honking football is less understandable and more deserving of criticism, especially at a club with such a reputation for a expansive and attacking play.

Allardyce has cornered a niche market that pays extremely well and often allows for several free months a year. There won't be many born in 1954 that failed their Eleven Plus doing so well !!

3 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

The end.

You’re overlooking his achievements because of his brand of football. The test for mediocrity is not how many trophies you’ve won, that is a very narrow minded way of looking at it. The test is what a manager has achieved, how successful he has been. Allardyce has delivered success in pretty much every post, often success which was well beyond the expectations of the board. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think he would do well in Scotland. Homeboy wins games. He saved Everton's ass and like another guy said he did well in Sunderland. Aren't those guys down playing in the church leagues now? It seems to me at times that the EPL wants to be something it's not...Spain.