On 19/05/2018 at 22:23, pete said:

Personally I think Alnwick was our number 1 keeper. He is better than both McG and Wes at coming for crosses and I don´t think we can question his reaction saves as he has had some crackers.

Lol man...this is up there with some of the biggest nonsense I've ever read on here. Just look at the clubs McGregor and Alnwick were getting their games for.

Alnwick isn't even good enough for one of the worst Rangers teams of all time. McGregor is one of our standout players of recent history, and is still competing at a high level.

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Lol man...this is up there with some of the biggest nonsense I've ever read on here. Just look at the clubs McGregor and Alnwick were getting their games for.

Alnwick isn't even good enough for one of the worst Rangers teams of all time. McGregor is one of our standout players of recent history, and is still competing at a high level.

I never said Alnwick was a better keeper but he is better than shagger at coming for crosses and it is my opinion he is. I am just happy you have found a positive about Rangers.:D

On 5/22/2018 at 06:57, Tannochsidebear said:

Spot on. Both keepers have been out on loan to get some first team experience and should now be either knocking the door of the first team door, or released if not felt good enough. Both are highly thought of at the club, so lets back them to be the back up.

Wes & Jak are decent keepers, but they are not at the level we wish our club to be at. Wes should command a good fee down south, not so sure about Jak, and I would hope they have both taken the hint that they are going to be further down the ladder now we have signed a proper keeper and be instructing their agents to get them a move. Both would leave with our thanks for their efforts during a very difficult time.

Wes stated on social media that he's not going to be leaving. And frankly I wouldn't either with 2 years remaining on a contract unless someone of a sufficient level came along promising me the starting jersey while at a minimum matching the wage and maybe not even then.

15 minutes ago, colinstein said:

McGregor will be our number one and I can't see Wes being content as a back up. He'll be on his way because I'm pretty sure Championship clubs could match the wages we're paying him

Aye, I think that is what will happen, maybe not? but it looks likely.

Foderingham might raise his game when McGregor turns up, or rather he’ll have to. Sometimes a bit of competition improves a player, eg when we signed Duncan Ferguson, suddenly Mark Hateley found another level & kept him out the team. Indeed in his last spell at the club, Neil Alexander & McGregor both raised their games considerably. I hope we get something like this next season. I think Foderingham might have another level in him, so no guarantee that McGregor gets the gloves. Another big early decision for Stevie G 

On 21/05/2018 at 10:32, DMAA said:

With McGregor in I’d like Alnwick and Wes off the wage bill tbh.

Kelly is 22 and McCrorie is 20, what’s the point in having these guys at the club if we don’t even trust them to stand in on an odd occasion and play a few cup games at that age!?

I think that either Mark Allen, or one of the managers, said that we won't look to bring in a new player if it looks like a young player can come through.

Bringing in McGregor short term and moving on Foderingham could be a sign that one of the young keepers is in with a chance in 1.5/2 years.

I still don't know who is interested in signing Foderingham though.