Just a thought on a post in the season ticket sales where it mentioned being able to sell more season tickets than the south side. I am not sure if we could build a new bigger stadium in the thumb print from Ibrox. What do you think if Rangers moved away from Ibrox to build a bigger stadium. Highbury was holy ground for Arsenal but they moved away to get a bigger stadium. I personally love Ibrox but I would love the growth of Rangers more so I would accept moving away. I will never be a season ticket holder due to geographical reasons but I am interested to see what others think.

Perhaps if we played in a bigger market and could build a super stadium as a result it would be more palatable but in Scotland I doubt we need much more than what we have though I’d like to see some increase in capacity at Ibrox. So it looks like a no from me Pete 

Edited by Walterbear

Ibrox got rebuilt to a 50k capacity when that was the norm.

However most big clubs nowadays have a 60k stadium.

I’m not sure how we could or would increase the capacity of Ibrox.

But regards stadia in Glasgow I think  there are soon to be other issues in the months/year’s ahead

And Mr King’s tenure as Rangers chairman may be judged accordingly rightly or wrongly  

8 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Ibrox got rebuilt to a 50k capacity when that was the norm.

However most big clubs nowadays have a 60k stadium.

I’m not sure how we could or would increase the capacity of Ibrox.

But regards stadia in Glasgow I think  there are soon to be other issues in the months/year’s ahead

And Mr King’s tenure as Rangers chairman may be judged accordingly rightly or wrongly  

The initial re-build in the 70's had a capacity of 44,000 which has since become just over 50,000.

It's a funny old world. Back in the 70's, when I was able to attend Ibrox regularly we were winning trebles and mostly playing in front of 20 odd thousand people. In recent times, the support regularly fill a 50,000 stadium to watch unsuccessful and inconsistent fare.

The difficult question (apart from finance) is regards trends or crystal ball gazing,..........what will be happening 5, 10, 20 years down the line and what would be the best way to go regards stadium plans ?

Edited by buster.

Using scarce resources to expand Ibrox at this time would be lunacy ... when the existing stadium is in such dire need of rejuvenation and we need every penny to try to put a decent team on the park.

Would like to se the jumbo screen corners filled in and as Rousseau says round off the stadium a bit more , but Ibrox is our home we cannot move .

I've seen it said elsewhere that we can't have a much bigger stadium due to limited parking/public transport.

Best to focus on making small improvements to what we have.

If demand for tickets remains high then we can make more money from hospitality and tickets in general.

I've also seen it said elsewhere that we can't fill in the corners of the Govan stand without completely rebuilding it.  Surely not worth the effort.

If we did want to increase capacity then perhaps the best idea would be to do something with the Copland stand only.