The original plan when filling in the corners in the 90’s didn’t include the big screens.  The capacity would have been approximately 57,000 if I remember right.  I don’t know why we decided to go with the big screens in the end.

I'd replace the screens with two massive Union Flags.

In all seriousness though, our stadium is about the right size.  If we could lower the Timmy allocation then it'd be even better.

Apart from essential maintenance nothing will change but I think most of the Archibald Leitch stands have now been replaced with modern structures,  a few months back I passed the stadium at night and to be truthful it looked like an old factory awaiting demolition , back when we added the club deck the old stand had to be underpinned with grout as they discovered it was on ground that was not to good I was told it was touch and go as to weather the authorities were going to close it until repairs were carried out SDM must have seen someone allright. 

Always provide just less than the customers require.....that ends up creating demand.

I would much rather see a sold out, smaller stadium than a larger one with big gaps in the crowd....or even have to close off large sections of the stadium due to lack of demand. ;) 

2 hours ago, Unicorn said:

The original plan when filling in the corners in the 90’s didn’t include the big screens.  The capacity would have been approximately 57,000 if I remember right.  I don’t know why we decided to go with the big screens in the end.

If you look at pictures of the stands prior to the corners being filled in you will see that there is a supporting pillar on either side.  These pillars support girders that runs across the top of each of the three stands.  I believe that filling in the top half of the corners would involve removing the pillars on either side.  If you do this then you need to support the roof in some other way.  Quite expensive I imagine.

If we really want to expand the corner areas then we need something expensive or radical.  The radical option would be to remove the roof.  This would be good in some ways as the online community could move on from fantasizing about more seats to complaining about not having a roof.  Particularly good for those of us, laughing our heads off, in the main stand.

Another option for redevelopment would be to make changes to the Broomloan stand.  For example making it easier to segregate.

If we had some flexibility to segregate this stand then we could adjust it according to who we play.  If we were hosting Hibernian, Aberdeen or Hearts then we might be able to sell a quarter or a third of the stand to them.  If we host Celtic we might think half, two thirds or all of the stand is appropriate.  At present we have two options the whole Broomloan or the corner.

This would allow us to increase the number of season tickets that we sell without changing the capacity much. 

Edited by ranger_syntax

9 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

If you look at pictures of the stands prior to the corners being filled in you will see that there is a supporting pillar on either side.  These pillars support girders that runs across the top of each of the three stands.  I believe that filling in the top half of the corners would involve removing the pillars on either side.  If you do this then you need to support the roof in some other way.  Quite expensive I imagine.

If we really want to expand the corner areas then we need something expensive or radical.  The radical option would be to remove the roof.  This would be good in some ways as the online community could move on from fantasizing about more seats to complaining about not having a roof.  Particularly good for those of us, laughing our heads off, in the main stand.

3 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Another option for redevelopment would be to make changes to the Broomloan stand.  For example making it easier to segregate.

If we had some flexibility to segregate this stand then we could adjust it according to who we play.  If we were hosting Hibernian, Aberdeen or Hearts then we might be able to sell a quarter or a third of the stand to them.  If we host Celtic we might think half, two thirds or all of the stand is appropriate.  At present we have two options the whole Broomloan or the corner.

This would allow us to increase the number of season tickets that we sell without changing the capacity much. 

Quiet day? :D