The Inept Tedium of the SNP

On 21 May 2018 at 22:02, colinstein said:

what about 

Babcock, Cammell Laird, Ferguson Marine and Harland and Wolff ?

or how about building parts in different yards....that's what happens now.  Or here's a good idea....we could actually invest in our yards so we can build our own ships....we are an island nation

No naval ships would be built in iScotland. how would these jobs be replaced ?

16 hours ago, compo said:

Let me paint this little scenario,  imagine this time Scotland votes for independence and the people who wish to be part of the union ie me fore one the demented woman won't give a third vote because she will say it's a democratic vote .

In that hypothetical, perhaps you could become an alternative insurgent advocating for the country to be colonised again :murty:

'Only in Scotland'......:D

So, folk don't like Scottish politics or the SNP.  They also don't like the Tories or Labour as both are a bunch of eejits....and voting for the likes of the Lib Dems or Greens etc is a complete waste of a vote.

Here's a novel suggestion....Vote for to independence, then have a REAL say in how the political future of Scotland is shaped.

Following Independence, the SNP will lose one of their main policies (as will have been achieved), so can't use that to maintain power - I'm not saying they will cease, but the WILL lose a lot of support.  We will also then see the rest of the political landscape change completely - The Conservative & Unionist party (like the SNP), will have lost one of it's major policies.  Both Labour & Tories my effectively still be around but probably in name only.  Their direction & policy will no longer be (mis)directed by their masters in Westminster, but by the need of the Scottish people & only the Scottish people.

The problem with Politics & politicians is that it's near on impossible to trust anyone...it's more a case of backing the party/people that you dis-trust the least.  The one thing that can be said for Scotland is that it's on a fairly even keel - sections of are economy are increasing, others not so much - especially compared to Engerland, where the NHS is failing badly, crime is increasing rapidly & WM's austerity measures are crippling the population - this is an administration & population that would rather please the population of Gibraltar & keep it under the Union flag, than Scotland.

The truth is that Engerland & Westminster are in free fall....and they are pulling Scotland & Wales down with it.

(Please give me a sec to put on my Tin hat....;) )

"Engerland"? Are you five?

Scotland's economy is on a "fairly even keel" - yeah, consistently growing below the rest of the UK.  It's Scotland that are pulling down the rest of the UK, and thankfully we have the rest of the UK to support us.

1 hour ago, Darthter said:

Here's a novel suggestion....Vote for to independence, then have a REAL say in how the political future of Scotland is shaped.

How do you vote "for to" something?

I'd rather vote Tory than for independence and I hate the Tories.  I'd vote for Stalin or Hitler before I voted for independence.

5 hours ago, Darthter said:

Which “independence” is that then? The Brussels version?

There is no “independence” option to vote for. No one has ever put one on the table.

I'm sure the SNP/Green policies on immigration would ensure Scotland's crime levels don't increase and would also ensure there'd be no hard border with our largest trading partner, England.

Stop laughing, I'm serious.  

15 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm sure the SNP/Green policies on immigration would ensure Scotland's crime levels don't increase and would also ensure there'd be no hard border with our largest trading partner, England.

Stop laughing, I'm serious.  

Where ever you seem to look these days,.......... the general direction and politics around it point towards a crazy, mostly blind and irresponsible race to the bottom. 

All societies reach a high point and then decline.  We're definitely on the way down and the incompetence of mainstream political parties demonstrates this on an almost daily basis.