Rangers go to battle with football authorities

Perhaps the gloves are coming off and a shot is being fired accross the bow. Makes you wonder if the SFA have anything that might stick regards the upcoming hearing in the summer.

Anything that undermines what is basically a group that Lawwell has a degree of control over, is a positive although we could do with him getting his jotters.

I look back at the 2016 Cup Final aftermath and can't help but feel we missed an opportunity to go after Petrie and make it very difficult for him to become SFA vice-president.

Edited by buster.

From SFA site

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/gary-hughes-appointed-to-board-of-directors/

Tuesday 28 April 2015

The Scottish FA is pleased to announce the appointment of Gary Hughes as the second non-executive appointment to the Board of Directors.

Gary, 53, is Operating Executive with Apax Partners LLP, an independent global investment management company. He also holds non-executive directorships with J Sainsbury plc, a FTSE50 public company, Premier Farnell and Smart Technologies inc, is deputy chairman of The People’s Operator and is a senior independent chair of SECC Limited.

In his earlier career, Gary also served as Group Finance Director for Scottish Media Group from 1996-2000.

The appointment of a second independent non-executive director to the Board achieves another governance recommendation from the McLeish Review of Scottish Football. The position will replace the second vice-president role, which will cease at the next General Meeting on 9th June.

Stewart Regan, Scottish FA Chief Executive: “I am delighted to welcome Gary to the Scottish FA’s Board of Directors. Even among a host of impressive candidates, the breadth and depth of his experience with some of the leading companies in Scotland, the UK and internationally made him stand out.

“Alongside Barrie Jackson, our first non-executive director, Gary will offer an invaluable business perspective to Scottish football in addition to his passion for football and sport.”

Gary Hughes: “I am both pleased and proud to be joining the Board of the Scottish Football Association as an Independent Non-Executive Director. Whilst  football in Scotland does have its challenges, it also has significant opportunity and I look forward to working with the Board, the management team and all the major stakeholders to help create a successful and a sustainable future for our national game.”

Stewart Robertson should start earning some of his large wedge and come out publicly calling for this guy to be sacked. No longer can we be seen to accept this type of rubbishing of our name, or quietly back-channel which has achieved absolutely nothing.

So, Stewart, ensure this guy is removed, or remove yourself and let someone in who will take these easy victories when the opportunity arises to rid our game of another of Peter's friends and a Rangers hater.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Barrie Jackson - is he another one?

Don't know but he left at the end of December, replaced by Ana Stewart. She's from Dundee but don't know her allegiances.

Edit - "I was brought up supporting my local football team in Dundee"

4 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Stewart Robertson should start earning some of his large wedge and come out publicly calling for this guy to be sacked. No longer can we be seen to accept this type of rubbishing of our name, or quietly back-channel which has achieved absolutely nothing.

So, Stewart, ensure this guy is removed, or remove yourself and let someone in who will take these easy victories when the opportunity arises to rid our game of another of Peter's friends and a Rangers hater.

I don't think SR is the man for such 'conflict' and from the outside looking-in, it's seemed obvious for a longtime that the club had a need for a hardnosed and competent CEO.