SNP Vision - High Immigration, High Taxes

utter guph.....the national debt now is twice what it was in 2010
and there's nothing the tories can do about because they've sold off other people's assets. Only the NHS is left and they're doing their best to flog that off.
Labour forced the sale of those assets.

And the defecit and basket case econnomy labour created is why we have the debt and cuts.

Never again.

9 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Labour forced the sale of those assets.

And the defecit and basket case econnomy labour created is why we have the debt and cuts.

Never again.

parallel universe. Labour forced Thatcher to sell off Electricity, Gas, Water, Railways.......even you don't believe that crap !

To be perfectly honest I don't think there is any one person in the Holyrood house fit enough to govern anybody and the same can be said for the UK parliament jumped up union reps on one side bawheids  on the other why are all these so called financial and political experts we hear telling us what's wrong and what we should do running the show .

1 hour ago, compo said:

To be perfectly honest I don't think there is any one person in the Holyrood house fit enough to govern anybody and the same can be said for the UK parliament jumped up union reps on one side bawheids  on the other why are all these so called financial and political experts we hear telling us what's wrong and what we should do running the show .

There have always been muppets in parliament but I actually think most MPs on both sides of the house are good and earnest people. The really big problem is the extent to which all parties have to compromise in order to pander to an increasingly banal and uninformed electorate. If you read the Sun or the Mirror every day, how equipped are you going to be to make value-judgements about politics - but you have the same voting privileges as a professor of politics. This inevitably leads to the sort of cretinous tribalism that pushes clowns like Diane Abbott or Pete Wishart to the fore -  and so many others from right and left over the years. God only knows what politics will be like in another 20 years.

23 hours ago, colinstein said:

you mean those savings with half a percent interest rate ?........very good !

Hahaha!

I think you need to look a little bit harder instead of wasting your time making demands of other people!

On 25/05/2018 at 16:38, colinstein said:

it's the lowest in Western Europe. It's £400 a month. Of course the Tories would like it to be less. Why anyone would vote for them is beyond me

The maximum state pension is over 650 a month.

On 25/05/2018 at 18:19, Gonzo79 said:

That's what most sensible people have been doing for quite some time (preparing for the future).

The responsibility of providing for ones future should always fall upon the individual themselves.  State pensions should be considered bonuses rather than an entitlement.

IMHO of course