Possible Sighting of New Hummel Orange Strip

3 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Snowflake generation my arse - this is 2018 we should not be pandering to the sectarian element within our support.

I also think there is a bigger picture element to this. We need to look forward as a club and we cannot just rely on a "traditional" pool for our support in the years and decades ahead. I would find it staggering that on one hand we are looking to a global figure like Stevie Gerrard to move our club forward and then on the other hand we would be taking a myopic move by introducing an orange strip. I don't want to bring religion/politics into this but as far as I can see there is nothing positive about having any connection (albeit symbolic) with the OO. It's bewildering IMO.

13 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Snowflake generation my arse - this is 2018 we should not be pandering to the sectarian element within our support.

I'm sure there are some that claim that the things listed in my previous post do the same. Where do you draw the line?

It is 2018 and we should have moved on from equating a colour to sectarianism.

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'm sure there are some that claim that the things listed in my previous post do the same. Where do you draw the line?

Of course we should but the proof is in the pudding. This strip would hugely popular among sections of our support for those exact reasons.

11 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The line IMO is orange strip ok for the reasons you mention but prominent flag, not so.

Or in other words, colours rather than symbols.

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

The line IMO is orange strip ok for the reasons you mention but prominent flag, not so.

Or in other words, colours rather than symbols.

Or have 2 versions as I suggested earlier.

BSRT suggests earlier that we can't reply on our traditional pool of support, so why not try and appeal to many south of the border with a UJ top?

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

BSRT suggests earlier that we can't reply on our traditional pool of support, so why not try and appeal to many south of the border with a UJ top?

Why limit ourselves to south of the border? On top of that, the Union Flag means nothing to a lot of people in England

Just now, Bluedell said:

Trying to be objective and forgeting my own views on flags in general.....I look at the design of the white top with Union flag incorporated and think it's a cracker that has potential to sell extremely well and not only within our support base.

With that in mind and given current circumstances, I'd actually be dissappointed if we didn't go with it.

5 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Why limit ourselves to south of the border? On top of that, the Union Flag means nothing to a lot of people in England

I would say that to a helluva lot of people down south, the Union flag = England flag.  

Here's a wee test - do a google search for "England flag", then click on Images....a very high return of Union flags.  Now do the same for "Scotland Flag"...virtually no Union flags.

Best just leaving all flags off the shirt....