Possible Sighting of New Hummel Orange Strip

1 minute ago, johnnyk said:

Scotland have not always only had blue and white in their strips. I think you are just creating arguments for the sake of it on here.

Creating arguments? It was a simple comment about a strip mate. I just never understood why they went from their traditional white top, navy shorts to royal blue, red and white in the 70's/80's. No biggy. Just an observation

44 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I never understood why England had a white, red and blue strip? It was obviously to pay homage to the Union Flag, which is not their flag.

Quite simply...many English people are unable to differentiate between England & the UK.

Google "England flag" & check the images....

Going off on a bit of a tangent but I was watching a lot of 70's football last night and I was thinking how great the kits were, they're so fugging messy these days. That (hopefully fake) kit in the OP is a good example; just horrible.  Would love Rangers to play a season in the 60's or 70's shirt.  I wonder how much money we would loose by not having a sponsor's name emblazoned across the front?  

3 minutes ago, Briton said:

Going off on a bit of a tangent but I was watching a lot of 70's football last night and I was thinking how great the kits were, they're so fugging messy these days. That (hopefully fake) kit in the OP is a good example; just horrible.  Would love Rangers to play a season in the 60's or 70's shirt.  I wonder how much money we would loose by not having a sponsor's name emblazoned across the front?  

I don't think anyone would argue with that.  The logos really do make a mess of the shirts these days.  I've noticed how big and ugly the logos are in snooker too and it makes the smart attire look stupid.  As for how much we'd lose, right now I'd have a logo on every part of our strips (even tattooed on the players) if it brought in enough money to rebuild the club.  It's just a necessary evil these days.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I don't think anyone would argue with that.  The logos really do make a mess of the shirts these days.  I've noticed how big and ugly the logos are in snooker too and it makes the smart attire look stupid.  As for how much we'd lose, right now I'd have a logo on every part of our strips (even tattooed on the players) if it brought in enough money to rebuild the club.  It's just a necessary evil these days.

I'm not convinced it's a huge amount we'd loose from a sponsor like Red32 if we didn't let them plaster their name on the shirt.  I think there could be a boost in sales and we could still have sponsorship. 

11 hours ago, johnnyk said:

I can't see us having anything like this but I would love it myself, we are a massive British club and I can't see what the problem is among some of our fans unless they don't like our history! You don't have to be religious to like being British.

I would also be a big fan of the orange strips as well, just because it might stir things up with other clubs/fans should have nothing to do with it. Just being a Rangers fan and our club being back in the top league you can see the hatred from virtually every club. We should be able to do what we want without caring about other clubs and I do think we would make a small fortune in the process.

If you didn't like them you don't have to buy them.

As far as I  know being a part of Britain was not a part of Rangers history at any time. It was with the arrival of Irish that some supporters linked it but as far as I know the club have never had any political slant for or against

Most club stalwarts were proud Scots and Brits, judging by what we can see and read.

Union Flags and pictures of the Queen have always been part of the furniture (I'm not much of a Royalist, for the record). 

People can deny it all they want but there's something undoubtedly British about Rangers FC.  

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Most club stalwarts were proud Scots and Brits, judging by what we can see and read.

Union Flags and pictures of the Queen have always been part of the furniture (I'm not much of a Royalist, for the record). 

People can deny it all they want but there's something undoubtedly British about Rangers FC.  

Quite a lot of cyber-people have emerged in recent years who would rather sweep inconvenient truths under the carpet than confront anything that challenges their fragile sensitivities. It's no longer politically correct to see Rangers as a British or loyalist club, even though these have been near-universal attributes of our club for most of its history. Thankfully, out in the real world it's a bit different and our traditions remain largely intact.

These people are entitled to see Rangers however they want.  The attempts to airbrush what the club and fanbase truly is is futile and worthless though.  

Being British, in itself, is almost becoming "far right" or whatever they're calling it this week.  

Load of bollocks!