Possible Sighting of New Hummel Orange Strip

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Most club stalwarts were proud Scots and Brits, judging by what we can see and read.

Union Flags and pictures of the Queen have always been part of the furniture (I'm not much of a Royalist, for the record). 

People can deny it all they want but there's something undoubtedly British about Rangers FC.  

I am not denying anything.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Quite a lot of cyber-people have emerged in recent years who would rather sweep inconvenient truths under the carpet than confront anything that challenges their fragile sensitivities. It's no longer politically correct to see Rangers as a British or loyalist club, even though these have been near-universal attributes of our club for most of its history. Thankfully, out in the real world it's a bit different and our traditions remain largely intact.

Bill, times change. people change. I remember supporters saying they would burn their scarf's if we ever signed a catholic. A few may have but it was minimal. When you have 40.000 season ticket holders you are going to have mixed idea's. You have yours the same as the other 40.000. It doesn't make you right and them wrong. For me the important thing is Rangers Football Club. It is that institution that I love. I think more and more people support Rangers rather than Politics. In fact you may say football is becoming more important than politics for many people.

When Rangers becomes purely about football, there will be nothing left to stand against Celtc FC and their anti-British, terrorist loving filth dominating Scottish football.

Why do you think they hate us and obsess about us so much, cos it has little to do with football.

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

When Rangers becomes purely about football, there will be nothing left to stand against Celtc FC and their anti-British, terrorist loving filth dominating Scottish football.

Why do you think they hate us and obsess about us so much, cos it has little to do with football.

I think you need to adjust your thinking mate if you think supporting Rangers is about fighting anti-British and the IRA. I would say you need to find another organisation.

It isn't all about that but for a lot of us there's that aspect to it.  And I don't necessarily mean fighting it...more just standing your ground.

The Tims have been trying to get us to adjust our thinking or find other organisations for quite some time.  That'd suit them down to the ground.

Edited by Gonzo79

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It isn't all about that but for a lot of us there's that aspect to it.  And I don't necessarily mean fighting it...more just standing your ground.

The Tims have been trying to get us to adjust our thinking or find other organisations for quite some time.  That'd suit them down to the ground.

I can only say it is about Rangers for me. Yes I hate the IRA but that is not what Rangers is about for me.

Fair enough.  I am in no way criticising you or people who have different views about what Rangers means.  It's understandable that we all have our own perceptions.

We have a common enemy and we spend far too much time and energy arguing amongst ourselves.

Rangers is a football club to which through the decades fans have, in their rivalry against Celtic,given it a reputation of hate towards the Catholic Church and Irish Republican history as a result of the Celtic rivalry,a club whose fans themselves have degraded the face of football.

As long as these attachments remain in place the two clubs will always remain as sectarian in the public eye which to me is not an ideal situation..

I do not care what happened at a battle in 1690 or something that started in the Post Office in Dublin,these things are political and in no way sport related.

9 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Most of the time on these forums we enjoy a great debate and argument about all things Rangers.  Now and again however there's an element of our support that surfaces which in my opinion is distasteful and embarrassing.  I suppose this element exists in society, and as we've discussed on here before, our support is largely representative of the wider society.  It therefore shouldn't be a surprise that we see a representative sample of that in some postings on here.  Thankfully, this forum seems to be subjected to it far less than others, which for me is a good thing.

Agreed,  but little we can do about those who support independence. 

18 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Agreed,  but little we can do about those who support independence. 

We can try not to upset them with Union Flags and orange strips.  And ditch any offensive songs.  And we can post pictures of ourselves at Irish Republican memorials, like their MPs and councillors do.  And we could embrace their outlook and dismiss our misgivings about unicorns and rainbows.  Freedom will ensue.

Only kidding.  When's the orange top out?

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

We can try not to upset them with Union Flags and orange strips.  And ditch any offensive songs.  And we can post pictures of ourselves at Irish Republican memorials, like their MPs and councillors do.  And we could embrace their outlook and dismiss our misgivings about unicorns and rainbows.  Freedom will ensue.

Only kidding.  When's the orange top out?

Or you can live in the modern world and just support your football team.