Possible Sighting of New Hummel Orange Strip

55 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Or you can live in the modern world and just support your football team.

Of course.  We can all aspire to modernity and inclusiveness.

1 hour ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Or you can live in the modern world and just support your football team.

Yes and equally it would be disingenuous to pretend that the club and many of the support didn't have some of the political and/or religious beliefs we are talking about.

It's fairly simple really and it comes down to realism and mutual respect.

I'm not from the West of Scotland and growing up a first generation Rangers fan in Edinburgh, my attention was always directed at the football. I went to games and sang songs but wasn't really aware of the history behind it until further down the track and that co-incided with joining the Marines and a couple of tours of N.I., so it dovetailed quite nicely.

As I've got older my politcs and my football are very seperate and I wouldn't shape my politics because of the football team I support. To me, that would be plain silly but for those who grew up and were formed closer to Ibrox and/or within a Rangers supporting family, then you can understand their politics, etc.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

but for those who grew up and were formed closer to Ibrox and/or within a Rangers supporting family, then you can understand their politics, etc.

no harm in enlightening them though is there ?

3 minutes ago, colinstein said:

That's entirely subjective but good luck going into any bar on PRW prior to a match and enlightening the clientele.  I suspect you'll need all the luck you can get.

Edited by Gonzo79

49 minutes ago, colinstein said:

Forget doing it in a bar on PRW before a game, try it on the RM forum and you’ll see the response, it won’t be pleasant. 

Buster was 100% correct - there a different types of Rangers fan and in many ways the only thing that unites them is their passion for Rangers. I’m a huge Rangers fan but I’m toward the other end of the spectrum when it comes to many of the associated values that some of the staunchest of supporters behold. I don’t always believe some of those values are very healthy but they are entitled to them and I certainly wouldn’t want to ‘enlighten’ them in any way - you can’t change them. At the end of the day it enhances the rivalry and probably adds to the interest in the Old Firm outside of Glasgow. It does define us and perhaps we would lose that attraction if that wasn’t there. 

Have it on very good authority that the kits will be the usual blue home, white away and the 3rd kit will be black.

Club have already made orders for Auchenhowie but the actual designs are being kept close to the chest (pun intended)

7 minutes ago, craig said:

Have it on very good authority that the kits will be the usual blue home, white away and the 3rd kit will be black.

Club have already made orders for Auchenhowie but the actual designs are being kept close to the chest (pun intended)

Any news on Release date?

9 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Any news on Release date?

Afraid not.  I tried to get that info last night and it wasn’t forthcoming, the club guy did say that they thought the design was really nice.  The other Academy guy hasn’t seen, nor has been allowed to see, the new kit :D