Sounds like he's a binge drinker rather than a full blown alcoholic. Had a number of years of binge drinking myself and it's an easier habit to break than full blown alcy syndrome.

There's definitely a player in there who could be very valuable to us on the pitch next season if he can get his act together and be a professional footballer. We now have a man in charge who is the epitome of professionalism.

He will know whether Pena is as fit as he can be or just going through the motions. Gerrard wont tolerate anything but 100% professionalism and hopefully that's what we get.

He is definitely a player when on his game, if he hasn't performed for us because of this problem then why can't he become the player that he was? he may turn it round? he may also not turn it round? but he has 2 years left on his contract and I am certain SG will assess the situation and make the correct call.

In my opinion he deserves a chance to see if he can get his act together, but SG will have that decision to make, unless of course he wants out of Ibrox himself?.

I don't think he wants to come back to Scotland. He said he wants to be the best player in Mexico and the noises from his agent suggested he was looking for a way out of his contract.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Sounds like he's a binge drinker rather than a full blown alcoholic. Had a number of years of binge drinking myself and it's an easier habit to break than full blown alcy syndrome.

There's definitely a player in there who could be very valuable to us on the pitch next season if he can get his act together and be a professional footballer. We now have a man in charge who is the epitome of professionalism.

He will know whether Pena is as fit as he can be or just going through the motions. Gerrard wont tolerate anything but 100% professionalism and hopefully that's what we get.

48k Rangers fans have just coughed up money which Pena earns in less than an hour. His attitude including the shorts incident suggests to me he should be nowhere near the club. I honestly wouldn’t want SG to waste more time in him. I also think Pena has been working an exit strategy for some time and the rehab and shorts incident is part of that. If the Board have learned a valuable lesson and DoF enforces and proper governance applies through the club it’s the best likely outcome. If we can settle at 50% of his contract that will also do me. A good HR person can make that happen. There’s no way he wants to come back and that’s the lever we have. 

12 minutes ago, pete said:

I don't think he wants to come back to Scotland. He said he wants to be the best player in Mexico and the noises from his agent suggested he was looking for a way out of his contract.

He should be looking for a way out. It’s not in his interests to be away from support and his family. He should 100% look after himself regarding his rehab. The club should come to an agreement with him that’s in his and our interests. I’m sure his friends and family are advising him to stay where he is and rebuild his life and career. I hope he does that and I wish him well.

Edited by cooponthewing

1 hour ago, cooponthewing said:

He should be looking for a way out. It’s not in his interests to be away from support and his family. He should 100% look after himself regarding his rehab. The club should come to an agreement with him that’s in his and our interests. I’m sure his friends and family are advising him to stay where he is and rebuild his life and career. I hope he does that and I wish him well.

He’s past the point of return.

No club will touch him now. He’s a waster.

All that remains is for the DoF to get him out of Ibrox

Edited by RANGERRAB

Pena is a great example why clubs need a DoF who can do background checks on players before splashing out millions on transfer fees, signing on fees & wages.

Had the DoF been in position when Pedro wanted to sign him I like to think he’d have blocked it.

18 hours ago, Walterbear said:

48k Rangers fans have just coughed up money which Pena earns in less than an hour. His attitude including the shorts incident suggests to me he should be nowhere near the club. I honestly wouldn’t want SG to waste more time in him. I also think Pena has been working an exit strategy for some time and the rehab and shorts incident is part of that. If the Board have learned a valuable lesson and DoF enforces and proper governance applies through the club it’s the best likely outcome. If we can settle at 50% of his contract that will also do me. A good HR person can make that happen. There’s no way he wants to come back and that’s the lever we have. 

If Pena wants out, then he can leave with sod all.....he is contracted to Rangers for another 2 years, why should we payout cash to someone who doesn't want to play for the club.

Make it clear to him....if he sorts himself out & works hard on his performance then there is a place for him in Glasgow.  If that's not what he wants then the club will rip up his contract with immediate effect with no payout.

we're stuck with him until he breaks his contract

that would mean turning up when his loan spell ends

if he does, he might work his ticket or go for it , if the rehab has helped...  He might see this as his last chance, better to burn out than fade away

or we could bung him to fuck off