Ready or not - the Steven Gerrard era begins

My son who doesn't really follow Scottish football apped me this morning : Hey Pa, Steven Gerrard is the Rangers manager. He must have got it from a Dutch site.

The leadership aspect is a big plus. I don't see any player challenging Steven Gerrard. As you highlight, it is something we've been missing in our managers for a while.

I'm excited; I still see 'Steven Gerrard, Rangers Manager' and have to do a double take. It's still quite mental. 

There are risks, perhaps more than we should be accepting at this stage, but I too am genuinely excited. 

#LetsGo

As it stands, I don't see an economic situation that will allow SG and his staff to satisfy the expectations that are building towards 2018/19 unless we were able to have the best 'value for money' transfer window I've ever seen and we convert reasonable current performers into much better ones.

It's certainly an exciting time, the profile is high but we'll have a much better idea of how things are shaping up come the end of August when our squad is finalised and we've seen some competitive football.

#Patience&Realism

I'm excited even though I’m consciously aware that this has the potential to go horribly wrong - would anyone really be surprised if he’s gone be January?

I’m not thinking logically about this though, I’ve fully bought into it and am excited anout events at the club for the first time in years.

Edited by Unicorn

It goes without saying, but a lot will depend on the standard of player he brings in, or is allowed to. He needs to build the spine of a team, not bring in more of the same. He might be able to get under Brendan Rogers’ skin, but more reasonably, more consistency should be possible. Another 15 points on last season & Celtic will be under pressure like at no time since 2011.

• 2 weeks later...