Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres

12 minutes ago, pete said:

I am not sure if it was the same year but I was at one of those games. the players came donering on to the field in bath slippers while the German amateur team were long started on a warming up. We got humped 3-1 by an amateur team.

7 July 2011 Friendly     Sportfreunde LotteGermany 0–1

9 July 2011 Friendly     VfL BochumGermany 0–3

13 July 2011 Friendly     Bayer LeverkusenGermany 0–2
Edited by buster.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:
7 July 2011 Friendly     Sportfreunde LotteGermany 0–1

9 July 2011 Friendly     VfL BochumGermany 0–3

13 July 2011 Friendly     Bayer LeverkusenGermany 0–2

I was at Sportfreunde Lotte game but obviously getting mixed up with the 3-1 score and the bath slippers that must have been another year. I take my hat off for all the guy's that can remember things that happen in games in the sixties my memory of games is hopeless.

This was the game I was thinking about.

Fleck was called up to take part in the full squad pre-season tour of Germany.[4] Fleck was handed his debut for the first team against SV Lippstadt 08 on 15 July 2007, becoming the first 15-year-old to play for the first team since Derek Ferguson[5] in 1982. Fleck impressed and scored in a 3–1 friendly victory over Sportfreunde Lotte in the next friendly game. We actually won that one 3-1. that is where I got the 3-1 from. I was at both the Lotte games as it is only about 45 mins down the road from here. I also saw us playing Quick Oldenzaal in Holland under Advocaat. I sat waiting in the social club after the game expecting the players to come in for a drink but they were ushered directly on to the bus and driven away.

Rangers also used to stay in a sport hotel in de Lutte just inside the Dutch Border and I watched them train there a few times. That is within cycling distance from me.

The brother of Mark Wotte was the agent that used to arrange things for Rangers in Holland and Germany. I met him when I was lying in Hospital and his father-in -law lay in the bed next to me. His f-i-l told him I was a Rangers supporter and he all of a sudden started singing the sash. He said he was good friends with McCoist. I had no idea who he was and shocked when he started singing the sash.:D

Hibs seem to have got a pretty favourable draw with Asteras Tripolis followed by Molde. They'll be serious underdogs for both but they dodged Sevilla, Rapid Vienna and AZ Alkmaar. Won't be a popular opinion on here but I'd like to see us both go through.

I didn't realise that we had to play another round before the groups, though apparently we'll be seeded so should dodge the toughest teams.

Hibs seem to have got a pretty favourable draw with Asteras Tripolis followed by Molde. They'll be serious underdogs for both but they dodged Sevilla, Rapid Vienna and AZ Alkmaar. Won't be a popular opinion on here but I'd like to see us both go through.

I didn't realise that we had to play another round before the groups, though apparently we'll be seeded so should dodge the toughest teams.
Would also like to see all teams through.

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

Game on Premier Sports this Thursday KO 1945hrs.

I'm with virgin media and now have Premier Sports supposedly.......... only one problem though the channel was frozen last night!

Typical virgin media to be honest! Better be sorted by Thursday

Is the match going to be on RangersTV does anybody know?

To be fair, I'm not going to be able to watch it live anyway, but if its on RangersTV, I can watch it on 'catch up' 

Edited by lenny3k