I have been watching them bleating recently about the 'bias media' who are all talking about how Gerrard has to catch Celtic while completely ignoring sheep land and their assertion that we need to catch them first.

Well, I now have a full blown dose of terror of the sheep. They have laid down a marker by signing a household name, Chris Forrester, from league 1 Peterborough United where he couldn't get a game last season.

Peterborough being littered with such quality it's perfectly understandable why he couldn't get a game. I'm sure you are now all sharing my terror. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

55 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I have been watching them bleating recently about the 'bias media' who are all talking about how Gerrard has to catch Celtic while completely ignoring sheep land and their assertion that we need to catch them first.

Well, I now have a full blown dose of terror of the sheep. They have laid down a marker by signing a household name, Chris Forrester, from league 1 Peterborough United where he couldn't get a game last season.

Peterborough being littered with such quality it's perfectly understandable why he couldn't get a game. I'm sure you are now all sharing my terror. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

We have League One players in our team.  Some of whom we are fond of.  Glasshouses and all that.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

We have League One players in our team.  Some of whom we are fond of.  Glasshouses and all that.

I will hazard a guess that ours were actually first choice and weren't a transfer listed 25 year old because they couldn't get into the team and further that we wont be shopping in that market this year.

I doubt our Summer additions will amount to transfer listed league one 25 year olds who were deemed surplus to requirements because they couldn't get into a team that scraped a 9th place finish.

Despite all the events of recent years we still are on a different level to them whether they acknowledge it or not.

You obsession with Aberdeen and Hibs isn't healthy :roflmao:

Either way, our players have been League One players too.  And you never know when you will find a diamond.

The only thing that will matter is whether we finish above them in the league - and last season we didn't - so sadly they still have bragging rights, whether you or I like it or not.

"We are on a different level to them" - they finished above us in the league.  That is hardly a different level to them.  If you mean our stadium, support base, revenue levels etc - then yes, but that has always been the case.

You continue to slate them, which is fair enough, but it would be wise to remember that even half-way through last season you were confident we would "put them in their place".  We didn't.  Perhaps some humility would go a long way....

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Perhaps some humility would go a long way....

Humble in the face of a bleating sheep that's forgotten it's natural place in the hierarchy? Never!

And half way through last season there came a period when everything clicked for a while and it seemed they would indeed be put in their place but it all fell apart.

And what do I have to fear from a flock of sheep who despite the fact we had such a 'bad' season still only manged to finish 3 points ahead of us and could have finished behind us right at the end if not for a suspicious bookie busting result on the last day.

We have a true professional in place now who wont tolerate the inconsistency and lack lustre performances against also rans.  They will be put in their place and assertions that we have a job on our hands to overtake them are literally sheep brained.

Their real target is competing with hubz and hearts not us.

I reckon the sheep will take a dip next season after 4 relatively decent campaigns.

I think it'll be Hibs who end up as the best of the rest, ie. 3rd.

Edited by buster.

13 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Humble in the face of a bleating sheep that's forgotten it's natural place in the hierarchy? Never!

Based on the last 2 seasons final standings....that "natural place" is above us!!!!

While the main thrust of the focus is challenging Ceptic, we simply can't just brush the other teams aside.  We SHOULD be beating them comfortably, but we haven't done it consistently enough. 

52 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Based on the last 2 seasons final standings....that "natural place" is above us!!!!

While the main thrust of the focus is challenging Ceptic, we simply can't just brush the other teams aside.  We SHOULD be beating them comfortably, but we haven't done it consistently enough. 

Something which JFK seems to continually ignore :ninja: