Club1872 confirm £1million raised for share issue

5 hours ago, colinstein said:

a lot of people are as much against fan ownership, as they were against the RST, Rangers First, and now Club 1872. Who knows what their motivation is but they've got a whole forum to spout their shite

The only motivation that is in question here is the desire of Club1872 to destroy their own credibility and deny their members the rights they signed up for. Basically going against their own terms and conditions.

I am very realistic about the possibility and possible success of fan ownership. The RST, RF and now Club1872 you mention are trailblazers in showing why. I refer back to the spectacular internal combustion, virtually the only consistent in each version.

I am a life member and still contribute.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Fans group history has shown us that it becomes more difficult and complicated to fully focus on working toward delivering their mission, when there are others within the fanbase hellbent on discrediting individuals/groups for their own ends. 

That isn't a catch all excuse because no-one has been perfect but none the less it is a fact.

During the spiv years, some were prepared to colude with what was effectively 'the enemy' in their attempts to make sure groups didn't prosper towards their goals.

Is that more dangerous than people inside fans groups hellbent on discrediting individuals/groups for their own ends?

13 hours ago, Dragonfly Trumpeter said:

The issue is who wears the blazer. And there we have the internal sniping followed by the spectacular self combust.  More than once. Ergo, harmony may occur if the blazer is not chased.

Blazer chasing = WMDs

If the burning issue is about who wears the blazer then that shows a level of maturity that is embarrassing and pathetic.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Blazer chasing = WMDs

If the burning issue is about who wears the blazer then that shows a level of maturity that is embarrassing and pathetic.

Easy solutions ban Blazers and supply High Viz Vests, let see who chases them.

Just now, aweebluesoandso said:

Or just make the whole ground a giant Director's Box and give us all a blazer.

19 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

Maybe but I'd suggest a Viz like cartoon strip that highlights the immaturity on display.

To begin with, you'd need a wee baldy Brahim Hemdani type, with a placard that featured four paragraphs of some obscure A of A . Then you could add in a more Vanguardian element with a different style.

:whistle: ;) :D

Edited by buster.

53 minutes ago, buster. said:

Maybe but I'd suggest a Viz like cartoon strip that highlights the immaturity on display.

To begin with, you'd need a wee baldy Brahim Hemdani type, with a placard that featured four paragraphs of some obscure A of A . Then you could add in a more Vanguardian element with a different style.

:whistle: ;) :D

I've stenciled our RFC badge on my viz vest, never have it off, even walking the dug, one of my neighbours said one day, 'you never stop working'' hadn't struck a bat that day i just put on my viz for the hell of it to go to the bank haha

5 hours ago, buster. said:

Blazer chasing = WMDs

Have you not witnessed all things Rangers in the last decade ??

We truly are embarrassing and pathetic... particularly if compared against our East End neighbours

From the Scotsman 8th June 2018

Rangers fans group Club 1872 have been given a week to inform Rangers how much money they plan to invest in the Ibrox outfit’s upcoming share issue. Rangers chairman Dave King hopes to raise £6 million with the offer. Club 1872 are to decide within a week how much they are to invest in' Rangers chairman Dave King's Ibrox share issue. But Club 1872 – who are the second largest shareholder in Rangers International Football Club plc with a 10.7 per cent stake – face having their shareholding watered down unless they decide to invest. The group has £960,000 in its accounts but now needs the backing of its members to invest the entire sum in the share issue. A statement released by the fans group said: “Club 1872 has now been formally invited to participate in the upcoming share issue of RIFC and asked to confirm the level of our investment in this issue by close of business on 14 June. “The total current funding available to the organisation, across both shares and projects, is approximately £960,000. Club 1872 members are now being polled on whether they wish to designate the share issue as a project – in order to be able to utilise this full sum for the share issue. “Once we know the outcome of this poll and the level of the additional funds raised this week, Club 1872 will confirm its level of investment to RIFC on 14 June.” Club 1872 director Laura Fawkes added: “We now have only seven days to confirm the level of our investment and we hope the Rangers support will respond over the coming days. This is a fantastic opportunity for supporters to invest directly into the club and see those funds help to build Steven Gerrard’s playing squad for next season. “In addition it is an absolutely vital investment for Club 1872 to continue to maintain or grow our shareholding to secure the club for future 
generations.”

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/club-1872-must-confirm-level-of-rangers-investment-within-a-week-1-4751350