Club1872 confirm £1million raised for share issue

An impressive sum - credit to all those who contribute.

The organisation isn't without its problems and challenges but it remains a vital tool - both financially and logistically - for fans to engage with the club.  I hope Club 1872 and RFC take on board some of the recent criticisms to help make bring further success to both.

Yes, a very impressive sum.

Not to pour water on it but it would be so inspiring as a support and a club if we could be making that size of a donation on a monthly basis.  A tenner from half of those in Manchester would see it happening.....

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

An impressive sum - credit to all those who contribute.

The organisation isn't without its problems and challenges but it remains a vital tool - both financially and logistically - for fans to engage with the club.  I hope Club 1872 and RFC take on board some of the recent criticisms to help make bring further success to both.

I agree Frankie some of the criticism was justified. C1872 and the club need to do some joined up thinking here, at the end of the day everything C1872 does is for the benefit of the club. In saying that though independence of thought and actions by C1872 has to be seen to be done. However the club itself needs to get involved more in helping the wider Rangers support to enrol in C1872 membership, by stating the independence of C1872 but highlighting more how vital the general support financial input helps the club.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Yes, a very impressive sum.

Not to pour water on it but it would be so inspiring as a support and a club if we could be making that size of a donation on a monthly basis.  A tenner from half of those in Manchester would see it happening.....

It could have been like that. Opportunity missed big time. £1m is indeed an impressive sum but only if you forget what might have been.

46 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I agree Frankie some of the criticism was justified. C1872 and the club need to do some joined up thinking here, at the end of the day everything C1872 does is for the benefit of the club. In saying that though independence of thought and actions by C1872 has to be seen to be done. However the club itself needs to get involved more in helping the wider Rangers support to enrol in C1872 membership, by stating the independence of C1872 but highlighting more how vital the general support financial input helps the club.

How can the club state the independence of C1872?  Up until now, it has never been independent. Cleaning the slate now will not change what has happened previously.

RIFC need not comment. They should just our £1m,.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly Trumpeter said:

How can the club state the independence of C1872?  Up until now, it has never been independent. Cleaning the slate now will not change what has happened previously.

Perhaps given current circumstances and because they have the same bottomline motivation, they simply agree on the current way forward.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly Trumpeter said:

I think when James Blair was virtually running the show i could agree, but he's left C1872 as far as i'm aware? Going forward is what matters now, i've said it a few times, it's a fine line between being independent and working closely with the club, it can and must be done for the good of the club. The club get the extra financial benefit from the support and the support get a representative at board level.

11 hours ago, buster. said:

Perhaps given current circumstances and because they have the same bottomline motivation, they simply agree on the current way forward.

Correct. RIFC need not comment. They should just take our £1m. Absolute agreement moving forward.

10 hours ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I think when James Blair was virtually running the show i could agree, but he's left C1872 as far as i'm aware? Going forward is what matters now, i've said it a few times, it's a fine line between being independent and working closely with the club, it can and must be done for the good of the club. The club get the extra financial benefit from the support and the support get a representative at board level.

It did not stop at James Blair and it is not a fine line. The support are well represented at board level.

7 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

If all the people, who were somehow unsatisfied with Club1872, invested in some alternative fan ownership scheme would the sum exceed £1 million?

gif unrelated

giphy.gif

I am happy to continue contributing to C1872. Are you thinking of an alternative?

6 hours ago, Dragonfly Trumpeter said:

Correct. RIFC need not comment. They should just take our £1m. Absolute agreement moving forward.

It did not stop at James Blair and it is not a fine line. The support are well represented at board level.

I am happy to continue contributing to C1872. Are you thinking of an alternative?

No, but i think a full relaunch with the backing of the new manager and the club, emphasising the importance of C1872 to the future success of the club and team. They really need to hammer it home to the wider support that our financial input through C1872 is crucial and the membership needs to increase to meet that commitment.