Pre Season Matches Confirmed

1 hour ago, RTB2004 said:

I believe you need to sign up for the "home friendlies 18/19" thing as part of CCCS. I just recently bought my 1st season ticket and home friendlies was an entirely separate option. Think the non-season ticket home games is for European, League Cup and Scottish Cup games.

Cheers mate.  You may be right.  Indeed, I hope you are as it will save me a bit of cash :D

3 hours ago, craig said:

Cheers mate.  You may be right.  Indeed, I hope you are as it will save me a bit of cash :D

He is definitely right Craig. There is a separate box for friendly fixtures. You won’t be allocated a brief unless you indicated you wanted one.

13 hours ago, colinstein said:

wonder what the thinking was behind getting Bury and Wigan.

It must have been difficult getting anyone for the first date. Most teams will be on holiday (Will Bury even have started training by then?) and will be watching the World Cup quarter finals.(Presuming players still watch such games. A report in an English paper four years ago suggested they did not) 

I understand these friendlies were contractual obligation from player purchases in the Warburton era. Havent a clue who we bought from either club but we have to honour our agreements. 

I hate friendlies and have long since stopped paying money to watch them. They really tell you nothing about anything. I just want to hear that nobody got injured, I dont care about the score or scorers.I appreciate they are an essential part of getting players fit for the new season, but IMO they should all be closed doors or £5 to charity donation games and not money making exercises that fleece the fans and never offer value for money, with the usual revolving door of subs in the second half.

Bury wont be anywhere near our level of fitness, so its a total waste of time.

Given the Gerrard effect I am fairly sure there will be an incredible attendance (perhaps as much as 30K) as our supporters yet again back our club with hard cash, so its entirely understandable from a financial perspective why this goes ahead, but I'll be waiting until July 12 to see our season 18-19 debut.

23 minutes ago, buster. said:

Any word on what part of Andalucia we are having the training camp/match(es) yet ?

I know I am a bit ropey on Spanish history, but I think it's where El Cid armed with a pairing knife and a collection of soft fruit defeated an invading horde of Yahoos in the Seville area. There was only one captured prisoner, a book thief apparently? Anyways, Segovia was so impressed, he dedicated a whole symphony, 'Sympathy for ra Yahoo' and Dali was inspired to create, 'Christ at ra Pawn'. There is a fact based tome entitled, 'The Seville Calculator'  which is best consulted before making the trip. Forewords by both Charlton Heston and Sophia Loren. 

2 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I know I am a bit ropey on Spanish history, but I think it's where El Cid armed with a pairing knife and a collection of soft fruit defeated an invading horde of Yahoos in the Seville area. There was only one captured prisoner, a book thief apparently? Anyways, Segovia was so impressed, he dedicated a whole symphony, 'Sympathy for ra Yahoo' and Dali was inspired to create, 'Christ at ra Pawn'. There is a fact based tome entitled, 'The Seville Calculator'  which is best consulted before making the trip. Forewords by both Charlton Heston and Sophia Loren. 

A somewhat Quixotic post, 26th.