Miller & Wallace Disciplinary Hearing in mid-August

IMO in any normal employment suspension is either with or without full pay and that without = no pay which to me is a fine in itself therefore any other fine is a double whammy and illegal.Still I might be wrong but agree that football seems to have it's own rules.

On 08/06/2018 at 19:34, compo said:

They seem to be trying to create as much trouble as possible as they are kicked out .I wonder who is advising them .

Ever wondered what the advice slip was all about?

giphy.gif

This is where Kenny Miller gets his advice.

11 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Ever wondered what the advice slip was all about?

This is where Kenny Miller gets his advice.

You have to hope that the club carried out a robust proceedure that will stand up to the appeal but in the back of your mind, you kind of know that it will fall apart.

This is a judgement before the evidence is in but so much of what is going on seems to point at the necessity of bringing in a competent and hard-nosed CEO to manage the day to day.

Whilst not a direct comparison as to motives/competence, there is something of the Bain/Sir Duped about Robertson/Dave King.

According to more than one source - including Kris Boyd on the radio a few months ago - Miller is on a very low wage at Rangers as he’s already made his money in England and America so isn’t motivated by it.

I don’t know why I bothered posting that as it won’t stop the snide digs like the ones above.  I think some make up wee scenarios in their head and then twist the facts to suit.

Edited by Unicorn

I still stick by what I said when canixiha was here way before it all hit the news. Wallace was suspended and informed his time at the club was over for leaking info to the press. No idea if he got brought back into the fold under Murty and then caused more hassle or if this is a continuation. Also been told that miller was having ago at youth players and being a general nuisance and as was said to me "acting like a dick all the time". Been put to me it's more behaviour over time with the straw that broke the camel's back being an argument after the old firm game. Under canixiha he consistently undermined the manager and refused to follow new regimes as he knows it all. He was part of a group who said the foreign players were shite and refused to act like a team member alienating people he didn't think  fit.

Cant wait to he's completely gone. How a guy who went to Celtic and kissed the badge  thinks he can dictate what it takes to be a ger is beyond me.

One thing seems certain, whatever the facts behind the Murty incident and regardless of the outcome of their appeal, the dressing room will be a happier place without these two players.

The club deserve criticism for the handling of this though. Whatever happened over the course of the season or in the dressing room that day, whatever supposedly bad influences Miller and Wallace have been, fining them was a mistake. Miller had literally weeks left on his contract, if the club wanted him out then send him home, tell him to train on his own and that's it dealt with. Likewise with Wallace, if his time at the club has come to an end then tell him that, tell him he's being put on the transfer list and stripped of the captaincy. That's what happens in football, it's a brutal business at times but the players know that and get on with it. By fining them all we've done is save some money, that we might end up having to pay them back anyway, created two embittered players who, whether we like it or not, do have influence and friends in the dressing room and the media, and created the circumstances where this will now drag on for weeks if not months. 

Fining players makes sense if you're keeping them. It's a punishment they have to take on the chin to get back into the fold but fining them and then releasing them is a poor strategy. The players have nothing to lose by appealing. 

For those who say the players didn't show Murty respect and undermined him and that can't be tolerated they should remember that our club's Chairman threw Murty under a bus just days before that game, undermining his authority and position far more seriously than any player could have.